Yay!
So I am officially a provisional member of the Alberta Association of the Canadian Institute of Planners (say that 5 times fast)!
Woot! This is a big steep forward career wise as well as being really sweet. Yes sirree I am...wait...there's more on here.
"review and become familiar with the included bylaws and regulations"
"log and have validated six years of responsible professional planning"
"Pass the CIP written exam and the CIP Oral examination on professionalism and ethics"
"May not use any titles until those are complete"
"Must log development hours yearly in terms of recognized course work and or presentations and attendance at conferences"
Holy crap! This is WORK! So huzzah I guess still but it's kind of scary!
Woot! This is a big steep forward career wise as well as being really sweet. Yes sirree I am...wait...there's more on here.
"review and become familiar with the included bylaws and regulations"
"log and have validated six years of responsible professional planning"
"Pass the CIP written exam and the CIP Oral examination on professionalism and ethics"
"May not use any titles until those are complete"
"Must log development hours yearly in terms of recognized course work and or presentations and attendance at conferences"
Holy crap! This is WORK! So huzzah I guess still but it's kind of scary!

3 Comments:
Squueee!! Huzzah! That is awesome Bne. I am so proud of you. We need to celebrate. When are you in town next, it's been awhile?
Congrats!
I should just note here, and this is for the record, if you get your CIP before me I'll pay for a trip to the national conference for both of us (just remember I've been dragging my ass - seven years in and no log book yet).
That's actually the second thing I wrote ... the first one included threats of maiming and disfigurement ... but then I though about it and, well, coming from the guy who managed to get beaten up by (in separate events) a box of Corn Flakes(TM) and a snowbank, I decided threats wouldn't really cut it. That and for some reason I still kinda like you...
Take care
p.s. Everybody wants to be like (me)
N: I will be in Edmonton the weekend after next (casually ignoring that I was just there...whistles innocently). We will definitely hang out!
Ironman: I don't recall the cornflakes box, but the snowbank will forever live in infamy. And yeah, everybody does want to be like (you).
GET YOUR DAMN LOGBOOKS IN!
Post a Comment
<< Home