I'm a bad parent
So it's only 8:30 and already I have learned a valuable lesson.
When you make an 11 year old waffles and put the syrup down on the table and say "I have to get ready for work, go easy on the syrup ok?" and he nods to you...he is LIEING to you. He has no intention of going easy on the syrup and, in fact, is likely planning to do shots of maple syrup as soon as you leave the room. The only upside is that he now understands the meaning of the term "saturation" as it applies to being able to ring out the extra syrup in waffles.
Yup, Justin crashed on my couch last night. He was over hanging out and his mom was in Edmonton where her car broke down "The radiator coolant is leaking, is that bad?"
Note: I am not a mechanic. I am not even mechanically inclined. I do, however, know that if someone or something is "bleeding" that is never ever good.
So she was stuck in Edmonton for the night, so J-dawg and I went and got some supplies, his homework (which he did without complaint making him a better kid than I was/am) and then he played Wii til 10:30. Fortunately for me one of my co-workers owns two of them, so she lent me her spare specifically to entertain the J-unit.
He also tried to cut his hand open cutting up his apple for school. Turns out you can't just say "you know where the knives are" when he mentions he has to cut his apple up for school. You also have to say "Use the cutting board, it's what it's for".
On the plus side I did do all my dishes, put away my laundry, and even got to bed before 11. So clearly he's a good influence on me.
When you make an 11 year old waffles and put the syrup down on the table and say "I have to get ready for work, go easy on the syrup ok?" and he nods to you...he is LIEING to you. He has no intention of going easy on the syrup and, in fact, is likely planning to do shots of maple syrup as soon as you leave the room. The only upside is that he now understands the meaning of the term "saturation" as it applies to being able to ring out the extra syrup in waffles.
Yup, Justin crashed on my couch last night. He was over hanging out and his mom was in Edmonton where her car broke down "The radiator coolant is leaking, is that bad?"
Note: I am not a mechanic. I am not even mechanically inclined. I do, however, know that if someone or something is "bleeding" that is never ever good.
So she was stuck in Edmonton for the night, so J-dawg and I went and got some supplies, his homework (which he did without complaint making him a better kid than I was/am) and then he played Wii til 10:30. Fortunately for me one of my co-workers owns two of them, so she lent me her spare specifically to entertain the J-unit.
He also tried to cut his hand open cutting up his apple for school. Turns out you can't just say "you know where the knives are" when he mentions he has to cut his apple up for school. You also have to say "Use the cutting board, it's what it's for".
On the plus side I did do all my dishes, put away my laundry, and even got to bed before 11. So clearly he's a good influence on me.

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home