Literine Man is also a hero!
That's right, I finally felt well enough to go to Edmonton for the Halloween party extravaganza. Unfortunately I felt well enough to consume 5 bottles of wine, admitedly with a great deal of help from Ray (Sorry Ray/Steph, hope no one died) and some small help from Mike (ya puss). It might have been 6 bottles...it's hard to tell really. I had no real choice as the wine bottles were the only thing that I could drink out of due to the restrictive nature of my costume. I am ashamed to admit I have a blank spot in my memories just past eating some pizza (thankfully at the end of the night as people were leaving) and have been told that the only thing missing is the part where I lay on the couch while others cleaned up.
Hangover-wise I wasn't too bad. Small headache and a smaller sense of shame. I'm sure there are other apologies I owe (Hi Danielle!) but overall I'm not too disturbed by what I done that night. I do think next weekend will have to be liquor free though...and probably a few more after as well to be safe.
Overall a really amazingly good time. I do still feel robbed that I was denied my oppurtunity to pose with the "Heroes". I can only assume they were intimidated by my stature as well as my having THREE enemies that I combat regularly.
Sidenote: Should you decide to replicate my work. WEAR SHOULDERPADS! Oh sweet jesus my shoulders were sore the next day. Not only do I have to have my arms slightly elevated the entire evening, but also the cardboard rubs back and forth constantly. Even with a shirt on my shoulders still were ludicrously tender the next day. Actually hurt worse than my head.
Other highlights would have to be Ray's "Tony Stark" costume including glowey thing he had on his chest. He actually built something from Dollar Store parts that was really perfect. Jackie bringing two costumes (Jean Grey and Psylocke) was awesome too. All the ladies were hawt and Mary was like 20 feet tall in her Roulette costume (the villain, not the game). I could go on and on about everyone, but instead I'll just say...goddamn. Once again great costuming and fun for all. Oh and a special shoutout to Adam not only for being a very impressive Rorschach, but also for helping me put my costume together. And for being fearless with the exacto knife. Maybe too fearless, but I didn't bleed so it all worked out.
And I was still a little ill the next day, so lots of liquor and greasey food wasn't the miracle cure I expected.
Hoping y'all had a fantastic Halloween as well!

1 Comments:
Sweet construction of the costume. The lampshade really pulls off the cap look. The rest is a bit boxier than I'd like, but damn that cap is a good shape.
Post a Comment
<< Home