There And Back Again, The Wanderings of an Unoriginal Bastard

Word on the street is that there are people that carefully plot out their entire lives. I am not one of those.

Name:
Location: Depends what day it is

So there I was, bored at work, when I think "Why not just quit my job and go to Europe for awhile?" Still can't think of a reason not to.

Tuesday, September 23, 2008

7am...really? 7?

It is a symbol of my pure intellectual prowess that I accidentally posted this with nothing but the title.

It is also a sign of my sense of humour that I just about left it.

Anyway this week marks two significant things. The first is that last week (or holy crap am I ever bored there's nothing to freaking do week as I, ever clever as I am , was calling it) is officially over and my projects are coming home to roost.

Perhaps some background. Some people have been "worried" after I mentioned that I did almost nothing last week ("Hi Mom"). To reassure them I point out that I have three major projects on the go which are currently in the hands of other departments and so I exist in the eye of the proverbial storm. Also the moritoriam on development is having the anticipated effect (I'm trying to use the correct "effect/affect" noun verb thing here) of cutting my work load further. As such I did "about 10 minutes of real work" last week. Then, yesterday, it all came home and I am busy again. So stop worrying!

In other news I ate cake for dinner (not really shocking) with a spoon. See I've been out of clean forks for a week now and I've decided that is unacceptable. Now given that I come back to the office at night to work on my classes, I've been tempted to load up my dishes and run them in the machine here. In fact I'm having trouble figuring out why this is not the best plan ever (tm) since it would make my life easier.

In other, actually significant, news and the main reason my family is getting stressed mein older bruder (butchering two languages at once ladies and gentlemen!) is moving to Ontario. A fact that has inspired me to such extent that I actually learned on my own time and can say that it is PeteRbourough, not Petebourough. That's right, I looked it up! He's moving for work which once again establishes that he is not only older, but also wiser than I am. He leaves on Thursday, so I expect I'll be on the phone with a panicky mom that day reassuring her or at least telling her to stop being crazy. Oh, and the bastard has already arranged to come home for Christmas (something I failed to do my first year away from home) so he's continuing to demonstrate why he is the "good" son.

4 Comments:

Blogger Cori Quite Contrary said...

Actually it's Peterborough. But yes.

8:49 AM  
Blogger Bne said...

Damnit!

Stupid spleeing

9:20 AM  
Blogger Amy said...

And "moratorium." :)

10:28 AM  
Blogger Bne said...

Please refer to my previous succinct commentary.

Also known as

DAMNIT!

8:09 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home