I'm too sexy for this song
Which is why I didn't sing it!
Yes that's right it was the 2nd annual Karoake party (It means "empty orchestra" in Japanese) at the Magnificent Dave's house. The singers were out in force running the gamut from Jordan (who continues to be awesome) to Mike (who is surprisingly good and also did sing that song) to Rob (who is awful, which is nice cause he's so damn good at so many damn things that it's comforting that he sings like later day Bob Dylan). I rank slightly above Rob by the way, in case you've been fortunate enough to have never heard me sing.
My role that evening (other than being awesome) was to sing immediately after Jordan since no one wants to have to follow that up. I played to my strengths going with "Pour some sugar on me" by Led Zeppelin...or Def Leapord. I always get those two confused (Hi Mike!) and then some MC Hammer (which was surprisingly difficult even beyond trying to keep a straight face) and so forth. The key to following a beautiful singer like Jordan is to stick to songs the crowd will sing with you. There was also alot of musical number singing, which I do not support, and even a dance number with Time Warp.
In other news whomever it was told me about Oprah and Hilifinger. It isn't true. I got bored at work...I mean I "researched" this story (for those who don't know the rumour is that Hilifinger told Oprah, on her show, that he wouldn't have made clothes at all if he'd known "her" people would wear them). Both Oprah and Hilifinger deny it. So you can sleep easily at night knowing he only abuses sweatshop labour and doesn't promote racism.
Oh and Cenobyte. I'm actually technically a student. Seriously, I'm in a "practicum" which is to say I have to give SAIT a pile of money so I'm taking the status that comes with it. I have no defense about buying HIMYM however especially with money getting tighter by the month.
Oh and Balls of Fury is kind of terrible. Which is probably not a shocker. But just so you know.
Yes that's right it was the 2nd annual Karoake party (It means "empty orchestra" in Japanese) at the Magnificent Dave's house. The singers were out in force running the gamut from Jordan (who continues to be awesome) to Mike (who is surprisingly good and also did sing that song) to Rob (who is awful, which is nice cause he's so damn good at so many damn things that it's comforting that he sings like later day Bob Dylan). I rank slightly above Rob by the way, in case you've been fortunate enough to have never heard me sing.
My role that evening (other than being awesome) was to sing immediately after Jordan since no one wants to have to follow that up. I played to my strengths going with "Pour some sugar on me" by Led Zeppelin...or Def Leapord. I always get those two confused (Hi Mike!) and then some MC Hammer (which was surprisingly difficult even beyond trying to keep a straight face) and so forth. The key to following a beautiful singer like Jordan is to stick to songs the crowd will sing with you. There was also alot of musical number singing, which I do not support, and even a dance number with Time Warp.
In other news whomever it was told me about Oprah and Hilifinger. It isn't true. I got bored at work...I mean I "researched" this story (for those who don't know the rumour is that Hilifinger told Oprah, on her show, that he wouldn't have made clothes at all if he'd known "her" people would wear them). Both Oprah and Hilifinger deny it. So you can sleep easily at night knowing he only abuses sweatshop labour and doesn't promote racism.
Oh and Cenobyte. I'm actually technically a student. Seriously, I'm in a "practicum" which is to say I have to give SAIT a pile of money so I'm taking the status that comes with it. I have no defense about buying HIMYM however especially with money getting tighter by the month.
Oh and Balls of Fury is kind of terrible. Which is probably not a shocker. But just so you know.

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home