Why no Mr. Potter....I expect you to die!
So today marks the first Saturday I've stayed in Stettler in what feels like forever but is actually only about 3 weeks. I needed this though.
See it seems that I either hit the road and travel on weekends, which is brilliantly fun and all and I'm certainly not knocking it on any level other than that it can wear me out, or I sit around my apartment doing nothing.
Last weekend I was in Edmonton (which was a blast). I saw Sho Nuff (who is the prettiest) which was amazingly awesomely terrible. Sho Nuff himself was just awesome. See it. Then I drove back on Sunday and began my Harry Potter Marathon. Two movies on Sunday, then one a day Monday, Tuesday, and Wednesday. Had I known they were over 2 hours each I think I would have done one a day until Thursday but I digress. This all happened because Justin had not seen the 5th one (due to having 7 and 4 year old siblings) and so in order to appreciate it more I decided I should watch them all. So then it was Thursday and I hadn't really had any time to myself in over a week (Hi Furlak, damn your eyes!) and I was going crazy.
So I called Sky and wished him a happy birthday. If I hadn't needed to be in Calgary on Tuesday (to get SAIT to sign papers telling Student Loans I'm a full time student so they will bugger off) I probably would have made the drive, but I do, so I didn't. I possibly could do it all over the phone but considering what a hash of things I made last year at this time I want to be certain this time. Also I really need to get my shoes shined. See I derive a lot of pleasure from having properly shiney shoes and I refuse to do so myself (though given the lack of other activities here I may change that policy) since the guy I go to in downtown Calgary is really amazing at it.
So instead of traveling I had a gloriously uncomplicated night of sitting around watching How I Met Your Mother. It's got its moments. Mostly Barney (played by the great and all powerful NPH) who is not only Legen (wait for it) DARY! But also composed of pure awesome (true story). Overall 30 Rock is in every way it's superior but HIMYM is good enough. See HIMYM was $20 a season. Which I was comfortable paying for something to amuse me in a forgettable way for a night or 4. 30 Rock however is worth whatever they are charging. No discussion. Seriously. I didn't link to it so you would have to go look it up yourselves and, once done, then purchase it and watch it over and over as I do.
And now a new feature to my blog. My favorite thing about Stettler!
Today's favorite thing is 10 minute doctor appointments. I show up on time. The doctor sees about a minute after that. It's sweet. No more sitting in an examining room for 20 minutes waiting.
See it seems that I either hit the road and travel on weekends, which is brilliantly fun and all and I'm certainly not knocking it on any level other than that it can wear me out, or I sit around my apartment doing nothing.
Last weekend I was in Edmonton (which was a blast). I saw Sho Nuff (who is the prettiest) which was amazingly awesomely terrible. Sho Nuff himself was just awesome. See it. Then I drove back on Sunday and began my Harry Potter Marathon. Two movies on Sunday, then one a day Monday, Tuesday, and Wednesday. Had I known they were over 2 hours each I think I would have done one a day until Thursday but I digress. This all happened because Justin had not seen the 5th one (due to having 7 and 4 year old siblings) and so in order to appreciate it more I decided I should watch them all. So then it was Thursday and I hadn't really had any time to myself in over a week (Hi Furlak, damn your eyes!) and I was going crazy.
So I called Sky and wished him a happy birthday. If I hadn't needed to be in Calgary on Tuesday (to get SAIT to sign papers telling Student Loans I'm a full time student so they will bugger off) I probably would have made the drive, but I do, so I didn't. I possibly could do it all over the phone but considering what a hash of things I made last year at this time I want to be certain this time. Also I really need to get my shoes shined. See I derive a lot of pleasure from having properly shiney shoes and I refuse to do so myself (though given the lack of other activities here I may change that policy) since the guy I go to in downtown Calgary is really amazing at it.
So instead of traveling I had a gloriously uncomplicated night of sitting around watching How I Met Your Mother. It's got its moments. Mostly Barney (played by the great and all powerful NPH) who is not only Legen (wait for it) DARY! But also composed of pure awesome (true story). Overall 30 Rock is in every way it's superior but HIMYM is good enough. See HIMYM was $20 a season. Which I was comfortable paying for something to amuse me in a forgettable way for a night or 4. 30 Rock however is worth whatever they are charging. No discussion. Seriously. I didn't link to it so you would have to go look it up yourselves and, once done, then purchase it and watch it over and over as I do.
And now a new feature to my blog. My favorite thing about Stettler!
Today's favorite thing is 10 minute doctor appointments. I show up on time. The doctor sees about a minute after that. It's sweet. No more sitting in an examining room for 20 minutes waiting.

1 Comments:
...so let me get this straight...you're defrauding the government by telling them you're a full-time student, while at the same time spending money on unnecessary items rather than making payments on your student loan?
Dude.
That's bad ass.
Post a Comment
<< Home