No wonder they won't sell me a house!
So I got a nice letter today from Alberta Health. See as a person with a day job and benefits (They pay me to go on vacation!!!) my employer is paying my health care related fees. Which means that Alberta Health now knows where I live. And so they politely let me know that they've recalled my $900 debt from the collection agency and would I mind calling them.
So I do. And have a very nice conversation with Connie (not my boss) wherein NMB Connie essentially calls me a dumbass and mails me a form I can fill out to shave about $300 off that tab. Also she informs me that the remainder is due since I haven't payed my healthcare bill in almost 2 years. Go Canada! Go living in a country where they won't deny me coverage for being a deadbeat!
In other news Amy has shown me the way to a very nice blog about the Twilight series. Which means I need never read it. Which is for the win since I think I would hate it in totality. Of course I also have my recent experience to blame for it as well. One of the problems with being as awesome as I am, is that I sometimes don't question the people around me much. For instance when three of the lovely ladies of Edmonton ask me to please come with them to a "Gothic Ball" in costume, I assume it is because I look hawt. Also that I will get to drool over them as well. I therefore am fairly easily led into the ambush that was the book sale for the new Twilight book. An event populated primarily by 8-11 year old girls. The noise they made when the book went on sale at midnight is, as Robert Pattinson says "is like the sound you hear at the gates of hell". The fact that Danielle was also making this noise was also kind of frightening.
Also the County is continuing to be completely awesome and has shelled out just over $5,000 to send me to school and a convention (note: Not GenCon...I don't think I can sell them on GC being GIS related) which is not only pretty awesome, but also the manner in which it was done (I say "here are the forms I filled out to request permission to take these courses." My boss (without looking at them) "Here's the credit card, go sign up") is really nice.
Well that's it for now. Some people have mocked me for wearing out my keyboard on long posts so I'm gonna go with some shorter ones from here on out.
So I do. And have a very nice conversation with Connie (not my boss) wherein NMB Connie essentially calls me a dumbass and mails me a form I can fill out to shave about $300 off that tab. Also she informs me that the remainder is due since I haven't payed my healthcare bill in almost 2 years. Go Canada! Go living in a country where they won't deny me coverage for being a deadbeat!
In other news Amy has shown me the way to a very nice blog about the Twilight series. Which means I need never read it. Which is for the win since I think I would hate it in totality. Of course I also have my recent experience to blame for it as well. One of the problems with being as awesome as I am, is that I sometimes don't question the people around me much. For instance when three of the lovely ladies of Edmonton ask me to please come with them to a "Gothic Ball" in costume, I assume it is because I look hawt. Also that I will get to drool over them as well. I therefore am fairly easily led into the ambush that was the book sale for the new Twilight book. An event populated primarily by 8-11 year old girls. The noise they made when the book went on sale at midnight is, as Robert Pattinson says "is like the sound you hear at the gates of hell". The fact that Danielle was also making this noise was also kind of frightening.
Also the County is continuing to be completely awesome and has shelled out just over $5,000 to send me to school and a convention (note: Not GenCon...I don't think I can sell them on GC being GIS related) which is not only pretty awesome, but also the manner in which it was done (I say "here are the forms I filled out to request permission to take these courses." My boss (without looking at them) "Here's the credit card, go sign up") is really nice.
Well that's it for now. Some people have mocked me for wearing out my keyboard on long posts so I'm gonna go with some shorter ones from here on out.

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home