And then there was one
So I met my Little Brother today. He's 11, he likes video games and soccer and he's painfully shy. I also met his hamster "Scurry" which is a pretty good name for a hamster if you ask me, as well as his two younger siblings and his mom. Who is from Saskatoon and the same age as my older brother though they don't know each other. Next week he and I are going to go to the park and kick a ball around. Or do something else. It's pretty open plan at this point. I probably will actually use his name (or a pseudonym more likely) at some point but for now I don't feel comfortable with that.
A big thank you to Amy and Jill for helping me figure this one out. Ultimately it was incredibly difficult process but finding out that there are 2 new volunteers going through the screening helped alot. Also when I had it narrowed down to two and finding out that younger kids more easily get matched (the other kid is 7) so the one I'm not working with is unlikely to go for long without a match. That helped. I'm still going to feel guilty about not picking the other kids for a while though.
Oh and T-ass. I checked and "No fatties, this kids has to help me score chicks" will, shockingly, get you booted from the program. I know! I'm as surprised as you are!
A big thank you to Amy and Jill for helping me figure this one out. Ultimately it was incredibly difficult process but finding out that there are 2 new volunteers going through the screening helped alot. Also when I had it narrowed down to two and finding out that younger kids more easily get matched (the other kid is 7) so the one I'm not working with is unlikely to go for long without a match. That helped. I'm still going to feel guilty about not picking the other kids for a while though.
Oh and T-ass. I checked and "No fatties, this kids has to help me score chicks" will, shockingly, get you booted from the program. I know! I'm as surprised as you are!

2 Comments:
I don't really have much to say, I just wanted you to know that I'm posting this from my iPhone.
Oh, and I'm glad the big brother thing is starting well. I don't think there was a wrong choice, and you shouldn't feel bad for only being one person.
Where, pray tell, is the post entirely about *me*?
Post a Comment
<< Home