Bored now!
So I'm at work. And I really thought today would be kind of crazy. See today is the last day to get things done if you want them to be looked at by Council this month and on Friday I had 3 major projects I was working on. So I hustled and bustled (can I bustle? Isn't that some article of woman's clothing?) and got one bylaw written Friday afternoon. Then my boss says "I don't know if we can get that other one done for Monday. It's a pretty major project and I don't want to rush it." and I say "It's no problem, I was going to knock out a draft this weekend so we can edit it on Monday if that works." To which he said "No. It's your weekend, it can go to council in August. If that developer had really wanted it in this month he should have gotten his application in sooner than Wednesday."
At the time I was pleased that my boss forbids me to work on the weekend. Then I got home and discovered that this weekend was around 35 degrees and I don't have air conditioning (and the office does) and I considered going in to work anyway. So damn hot.
Oh yeah, and Connie is on holidays so I'm the only GIS in the place and this woman was supposed to come in today and so I was really really ready for today to be crazy.
Except I have gotten 1 work email. To reschedule a meeting. One! And the lady didn't come in (apparently the people think we're closed or something) and the map I was working on had to be okayed by a guy who was out of the office until 5 minutes ago (so I gave it the thumbs up myself, it's on his desk and if he wants something different he's welcome to open up ArcMap and do it himself cause that's about the only way it's gonna happen...which sounds cranky but when he came in I told him it was done and he said he'd look at it "later") so I've had almost zero work to do (I proofed a public notice...I was THAT BORED) all day.
Oh yeah, and all the people I normally hang out with/chat with were out of the office today. Which is why I was able to hammer out the work I did have to do today so quickly and efficiently.
Anyway, no work tomorrow. Then site inspections on Wednesday/Thursday (which could be cool) and then I'm off to Lumsden to see Jill et all. Even though I could totally swing up to Edmonton and pick people up if they wanted to come along...I probably won't as they don't like Jill (don't shoot the messenger) or want to go or something. So it should be an interesting week. Assuming it stops being so miserably hot all the time...
Fun fact. I *enjoy* writing bylaws. I'm trying to figure out why that is since they're kind of dull, but I really like it. Now I only need to find where they keep the "Hawt Ladies of Urban Planning" and I am SET!
At the time I was pleased that my boss forbids me to work on the weekend. Then I got home and discovered that this weekend was around 35 degrees and I don't have air conditioning (and the office does) and I considered going in to work anyway. So damn hot.
Oh yeah, and Connie is on holidays so I'm the only GIS in the place and this woman was supposed to come in today and so I was really really ready for today to be crazy.
Except I have gotten 1 work email. To reschedule a meeting. One! And the lady didn't come in (apparently the people think we're closed or something) and the map I was working on had to be okayed by a guy who was out of the office until 5 minutes ago (so I gave it the thumbs up myself, it's on his desk and if he wants something different he's welcome to open up ArcMap and do it himself cause that's about the only way it's gonna happen...which sounds cranky but when he came in I told him it was done and he said he'd look at it "later") so I've had almost zero work to do (I proofed a public notice...I was THAT BORED) all day.
Oh yeah, and all the people I normally hang out with/chat with were out of the office today. Which is why I was able to hammer out the work I did have to do today so quickly and efficiently.
Anyway, no work tomorrow. Then site inspections on Wednesday/Thursday (which could be cool) and then I'm off to Lumsden to see Jill et all. Even though I could totally swing up to Edmonton and pick people up if they wanted to come along...I probably won't as they don't like Jill (don't shoot the messenger) or want to go or something. So it should be an interesting week. Assuming it stops being so miserably hot all the time...
Fun fact. I *enjoy* writing bylaws. I'm trying to figure out why that is since they're kind of dull, but I really like it. Now I only need to find where they keep the "Hawt Ladies of Urban Planning" and I am SET!

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home