Nothing much to say but we like it that way
That might be a quote, I don't rightly know and don't feel the urge to click in my little Google search task bar to find out. If anyone is so inclined please, by all means, let me know.
Let's see, busy couple of weeks I must admit. I'm quite tired today though in more of a sensual lounging way (heh, take that mental image to the bank Amy! Your eyes...they burn!) rather than an incoherent exhausted way. In the interests of accuracy and completeness I'll break my life into categories so I don't miss anything. I do love my efficiency, even though it is a harsh mistress (and a surprisingly submissive lay).
Work:
Work is good. I'd almost go so far as to say that work is great. For the first time in my life I not only like what I'm doing, but I'm proud of it as well in that I liked waiting tables but I always felt like it was strangely beneath me to be doing it. And I hated the hours, often my boss, and alot of the petty stresses. Yes I have to admit that all the people that said I would understand what it was like when I enjoyed my work (Hi Furlak!) were correct and not "deluded mouth-breathing slaves" as I may or may not have called them. Not that anyone can prove I said that. Just it sounds like something I would say. It helps that I get benefits starting in two weeks and the package is rather comprehensive. I may get my eyes lazored (or should that have two "z"s) next year. I'm definitely getting new glasses/contacts though given the phat benefit dollahs available to me. I've got a few interesting planning projects on the go. I've got a few semi-interesting GIS projects on the go, and I run the AVL (automatic vehicle locater system) so if I get bored I can play "Where's the grader" or somesuch. No I still haven't found The Thresher, though I think I saw the other day. Oh, and the lake guy has been advised by Alberta Environment to "speak to us through legal counsel". He's well and truly boned.
Personal Life:
My personal life in Stettler revolves around two things at the moment. Playing WoW (two weeks til my account expires) and hanging out with Justin (may or may not be his real name...DUN DUN DUUUUUUHHHH...). It's actually really good. I try to get to the movie of the week (this week is Hellboy II, I have to go tonight in an hour if I'm gonna go at all) if I can since most movies don't get a second week. Oh, and on Weekends I leave town. Often Edmonton, sometimes Calgary, surprisingly often Saskatoon. Two weekends ago was Calgary for the Furlaks B-day and Batman. Last Weekend was "Man Day" in Edmonton (more on that later) and this weekend is "Ben goes to Saskatoon or he gets his ass disowned" by way of Edmonton so I can pick up Carla. Yay driving. A very big "YAY" for my dear Civic, about which I feel shame since she badly needs a carwash but I'm not somewhere long enough that it doesn't feel like a complete waste of money (huzzah for one clean day followed by bugs on the highway again).
Justin gets his own paragraph cause not only am I enjoying this voll-un-tear work thing but also cause he's pretty cool. Oh yeah, and I'm working for free. Weirds me out too. So anyway lets see. Two weeks ago we rented Enchanted (which did not suck) and got too much junkfood and hung out and watched it. He has two siblings that view me as a sort of portable jungle gym (Justin's Mom: "You're really good with kids."; Me: "Thanks, I have alot of patience for kids. Adults...not so much") which is all good. And we did have to tell them that I was there to hang out with Justin ("Can we go to the movie store too?") which they seemed to accept. Then this week we went to the park to kick a soccer ball around. I forgot what it's like to be a kid (as opposed to being immature, which I have down!). Watching Justin kick his shoe off booting the ball (and yes, the shoe went further than the ball at least once) and talking about his friend that's moving away and just wandering around was oddly fun. I also lent him my goggles ("They do nothing!") and The 13 Clocks (go, buy it right now, read it, love it, understand why I'm such a weirdo since I read that when I was like 4 years old) so he both got to goof around with the goggles (they still do nothing) and also I assume his mother will have something to say about the book. It's his birthday on Saturday...do I get him anything?
Other than that my life is pretty much perfect. And, cause it amuses me and I have no normal boundaries. It amuses me deeply when banner ads offer to set me up with "thousands of girls in Stettler" cause...ummm..."thousand" maybe. And they're all married thanks.
Closing thought:
Furlak is awesome. I was thinking about changing my life philosophy from "everything will work out as long as I don't try too hard" to "Be passionate". And I got to thinking about being passionate about quiet things (like writing bylaws about land use definition changes) rather than melodramatic I LOOOOOOVE HER passion which is mostly crap. And that's when I realized that Furlak is like the single most passionate person I know since he's really sincerely passionate about most of the things he does (maybe even all of them, I didn't listen when he talked alot of the time) on a level I can only attempt to emulate. Cycling, work/programming, gaming, the people in his life. Seriously the boy cares. He just doesn't say anything. But the cat is out of the bag son! You LIKE and ENJOY stuff.
HA!
Let's see, busy couple of weeks I must admit. I'm quite tired today though in more of a sensual lounging way (heh, take that mental image to the bank Amy! Your eyes...they burn!) rather than an incoherent exhausted way. In the interests of accuracy and completeness I'll break my life into categories so I don't miss anything. I do love my efficiency, even though it is a harsh mistress (and a surprisingly submissive lay).
Work:
Work is good. I'd almost go so far as to say that work is great. For the first time in my life I not only like what I'm doing, but I'm proud of it as well in that I liked waiting tables but I always felt like it was strangely beneath me to be doing it. And I hated the hours, often my boss, and alot of the petty stresses. Yes I have to admit that all the people that said I would understand what it was like when I enjoyed my work (Hi Furlak!) were correct and not "deluded mouth-breathing slaves" as I may or may not have called them. Not that anyone can prove I said that. Just it sounds like something I would say. It helps that I get benefits starting in two weeks and the package is rather comprehensive. I may get my eyes lazored (or should that have two "z"s) next year. I'm definitely getting new glasses/contacts though given the phat benefit dollahs available to me. I've got a few interesting planning projects on the go. I've got a few semi-interesting GIS projects on the go, and I run the AVL (automatic vehicle locater system) so if I get bored I can play "Where's the grader" or somesuch. No I still haven't found The Thresher, though I think I saw the other day. Oh, and the lake guy has been advised by Alberta Environment to "speak to us through legal counsel". He's well and truly boned.
Personal Life:
My personal life in Stettler revolves around two things at the moment. Playing WoW (two weeks til my account expires) and hanging out with Justin (may or may not be his real name...DUN DUN DUUUUUUHHHH...). It's actually really good. I try to get to the movie of the week (this week is Hellboy II, I have to go tonight in an hour if I'm gonna go at all) if I can since most movies don't get a second week. Oh, and on Weekends I leave town. Often Edmonton, sometimes Calgary, surprisingly often Saskatoon. Two weekends ago was Calgary for the Furlaks B-day and Batman. Last Weekend was "Man Day" in Edmonton (more on that later) and this weekend is "Ben goes to Saskatoon or he gets his ass disowned" by way of Edmonton so I can pick up Carla. Yay driving. A very big "YAY" for my dear Civic, about which I feel shame since she badly needs a carwash but I'm not somewhere long enough that it doesn't feel like a complete waste of money (huzzah for one clean day followed by bugs on the highway again).
Justin gets his own paragraph cause not only am I enjoying this voll-un-tear work thing but also cause he's pretty cool. Oh yeah, and I'm working for free. Weirds me out too. So anyway lets see. Two weeks ago we rented Enchanted (which did not suck) and got too much junkfood and hung out and watched it. He has two siblings that view me as a sort of portable jungle gym (Justin's Mom: "You're really good with kids."; Me: "Thanks, I have alot of patience for kids. Adults...not so much") which is all good. And we did have to tell them that I was there to hang out with Justin ("Can we go to the movie store too?") which they seemed to accept. Then this week we went to the park to kick a soccer ball around. I forgot what it's like to be a kid (as opposed to being immature, which I have down!). Watching Justin kick his shoe off booting the ball (and yes, the shoe went further than the ball at least once) and talking about his friend that's moving away and just wandering around was oddly fun. I also lent him my goggles ("They do nothing!") and The 13 Clocks (go, buy it right now, read it, love it, understand why I'm such a weirdo since I read that when I was like 4 years old) so he both got to goof around with the goggles (they still do nothing) and also I assume his mother will have something to say about the book. It's his birthday on Saturday...do I get him anything?
Other than that my life is pretty much perfect. And, cause it amuses me and I have no normal boundaries. It amuses me deeply when banner ads offer to set me up with "thousands of girls in Stettler" cause...ummm..."thousand" maybe. And they're all married thanks.
Closing thought:
Furlak is awesome. I was thinking about changing my life philosophy from "everything will work out as long as I don't try too hard" to "Be passionate". And I got to thinking about being passionate about quiet things (like writing bylaws about land use definition changes) rather than melodramatic I LOOOOOOVE HER passion which is mostly crap. And that's when I realized that Furlak is like the single most passionate person I know since he's really sincerely passionate about most of the things he does (maybe even all of them, I didn't listen when he talked alot of the time) on a level I can only attempt to emulate. Cycling, work/programming, gaming, the people in his life. Seriously the boy cares. He just doesn't say anything. But the cat is out of the bag son! You LIKE and ENJOY stuff.
HA!

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home