There And Back Again, The Wanderings of an Unoriginal Bastard

Word on the street is that there are people that carefully plot out their entire lives. I am not one of those.

Name:
Location: Depends what day it is

So there I was, bored at work, when I think "Why not just quit my job and go to Europe for awhile?" Still can't think of a reason not to.

Tuesday, July 01, 2008

More links mule!

Oh and the obligatory Happy Canada Day!

Now some linkage action (hot linkage action?) for ya from moi.

First, this one is making me all kinds of awesome happy since I totally loved the first one and view it as possibly one of the best movies EVER! And what's crazy is that the first one was so good that I'm having trouble imagining not loving the sequel. And that's even after having lived through the wreckage that is the Shrek franchise. But still very very excited up in here!

Music Links (ooooh all organized and such, not unlike chickens):

For Amy, even though it wasn't our official road trip theme song (or would you rather be a fish?), this song reminds me of the good times. And goddamn it's just such a good song and a fun video. Remember when Chevy Chase was young? (and funny and relevant?)

For the ladies cause even Depp did videos (though of course for Tom Petty). Look for Matt LeBlanc at the end. And everyone else at some point. Cameoitis and all that. And yeah, I thought about doing "Zombie Zoo" but cmon...we all love that song already right?

The rest of these are for me. This band is Canadian, and I haven't really listened to anything else they do cause I'm not the music geek (Hi Mike! See you in 3 days!) but I really really like this song both for the lyrics and for the sound of it (if that makes sense). Also sometimes I think this song sums up some of my existence, and certainly some of my characters that I've played. Also I've been known to lie flagrantly from time to time.

This song does, in fact, make me move. Though not in the sense of how I've been moving alot these last few years (city to city to town) but rather in that good energy way. Oh, and they might be Canadian too. But I'm too lazy to do the single search it would take to find out.

I like this song alot as well. I also like this video which is not the official one for the song but, in my opinion, alot better. It's a little pretentious but I think well done and certainly a sign that this person could do some interesting work in the future if they'd cut about 20% of the symbology (Cause I'm a professor of nameology!) or at least not have had ever damn thing spinning in circles. But then I've watched that vid alot...so I might be just nit picking.

Speaking of symbolism, Tom Petty is a weird dude, though a brilliant mad hatter! I want his outfit for the next time I go to the Maker's Fair (HINT HINT PEOPLE)

I'd do more links, but I really don't have the same search fu that my friends have when it comes to finding interesting links or stories. Other than that I'm glad that peoples feet have stopped washing ashore in BC. That was a weird time last month (for the record the search that got me the story I did link was to google "feet bc" cause I wanted to see if that would work) though the linked story is older than the most recent events. I will reiterate. It was an odd feeling to hit "I feel lucky" when searching for "feet bc".

Well that's all for today. Those of you in Canada, go have a great holiday. Those not in Canada...try not to choke to death on smoke ok. Given what you're going through, this one is also for you!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home