"It was late and I was tired"
Wow...just thinking about how long ago that inside joke is from...
Sitting in the Wash and Slosh planning plotlines and general tomfoolery. You know, for a dingy bar/laundromat they had surprisingly good crab rangoon.
But I digress. Speaking of old (title of last post) I watched "No Country For Old Men" today. It was good. And boring. And good. Overall I don't think I liked it much mostly cause I found it ultimately unsatisfying. It isn't the ending, well it is the ending. But it's also just the direction of it all. Overall I think it was absolutely brilliantly acted. I just wish it hadn't been so freaking boring for so much of it. I didn't really feel any tension of uncertainty. Heck I even predicted the car crash (and that's as much of a spoiler as you'll get out of me).
Two more weeks of school. Then finals for 4 days and then CALIFORNIA! Woot! Which reminds me that I shoud email the boys to see if driving is still going to happen or if I should book plane tickets. Also I need to ask mes amis (bet I butchered that spelling) how long I can stay. If 4 days is good or if 10 is too many. That sort of thing. Spent 5 hours in the lab today and likely another 5-8 tomorrow. Then monday more of the same (got a comprehensive quiz worth 15% of my total mark....which is normally being called a "final" but this teacher refuses to admit that's what it is) and then Tuesday I get to drive to Stettler for a job interview.
I'm not getting my hopes up. Getting this job will require several things I'm bad at:
1) Disguising my contempt for small town life.
2) Not making any jokes about the top 10 attractions on the Top 7 Things to see in Stettler list.
3) Pretending I have the foggiest idea what an "IT support" person does since that would be part of my duties.
4) Finding a polite way to say "I can learn anything working here cause I'll read alot since it's not like there's anything else to do.
So yeah. Renting a car, driving to Stettler. The nice thing about this job is that it's a mat leave cover (18 month contract) which means I can build experience and also get out of there in a year and a half. I should still resume up the Oil and Gas people's though. I also have a resume in with Strathcona county (which is Northish I think) and with Calgary itself. Though I have little to no confidence in getting that one.
Tomorrow the Furlak is going boarding. Which would usually call for me to wander the apartment in my boxers all day. Sadly this will have to be postponed til I don't know when. Sigh. Stupid school. But, with any luck, I'll get enough done tomorrow that I can spare the day on Tuesday and not have to cram in the drive and interview with yet more schoolwork.
And that's how exciting my weekend is/will be. Hope y'all are having a blast though.
Sitting in the Wash and Slosh planning plotlines and general tomfoolery. You know, for a dingy bar/laundromat they had surprisingly good crab rangoon.
But I digress. Speaking of old (title of last post) I watched "No Country For Old Men" today. It was good. And boring. And good. Overall I don't think I liked it much mostly cause I found it ultimately unsatisfying. It isn't the ending, well it is the ending. But it's also just the direction of it all. Overall I think it was absolutely brilliantly acted. I just wish it hadn't been so freaking boring for so much of it. I didn't really feel any tension of uncertainty. Heck I even predicted the car crash (and that's as much of a spoiler as you'll get out of me).
Two more weeks of school. Then finals for 4 days and then CALIFORNIA! Woot! Which reminds me that I shoud email the boys to see if driving is still going to happen or if I should book plane tickets. Also I need to ask mes amis (bet I butchered that spelling) how long I can stay. If 4 days is good or if 10 is too many. That sort of thing. Spent 5 hours in the lab today and likely another 5-8 tomorrow. Then monday more of the same (got a comprehensive quiz worth 15% of my total mark....which is normally being called a "final" but this teacher refuses to admit that's what it is) and then Tuesday I get to drive to Stettler for a job interview.
I'm not getting my hopes up. Getting this job will require several things I'm bad at:
1) Disguising my contempt for small town life.
2) Not making any jokes about the top 10 attractions on the Top 7 Things to see in Stettler list.
3) Pretending I have the foggiest idea what an "IT support" person does since that would be part of my duties.
4) Finding a polite way to say "I can learn anything working here cause I'll read alot since it's not like there's anything else to do.
So yeah. Renting a car, driving to Stettler. The nice thing about this job is that it's a mat leave cover (18 month contract) which means I can build experience and also get out of there in a year and a half. I should still resume up the Oil and Gas people's though. I also have a resume in with Strathcona county (which is Northish I think) and with Calgary itself. Though I have little to no confidence in getting that one.
Tomorrow the Furlak is going boarding. Which would usually call for me to wander the apartment in my boxers all day. Sadly this will have to be postponed til I don't know when. Sigh. Stupid school. But, with any luck, I'll get enough done tomorrow that I can spare the day on Tuesday and not have to cram in the drive and interview with yet more schoolwork.
And that's how exciting my weekend is/will be. Hope y'all are having a blast though.

2 Comments:
Oooooh, you'll actually get to see The Threshing Machine!!!!????!!! Like, in person?? OMG, you are SO LUCKY!!!! Take pictures, okay?
heh.
Damn woman, you nearly made me choke on my chicken pot pie!
Post a Comment
<< Home