My favorite thing about me
isn't just that I could like myself so much more than I do (and I can't remember what movie I'm stealing that line from) it's actually something else entirely.
See of all the things in my life that get me down (I know right) the one thing I don't worry about/get down about is body issues.
I'm not in great shape, or even good shape at the moment. I know this. I also know that I go to the gym once a week (trying to improve that number) and that I boarded for like 5 hours yesterday. So I eat what I feel like.
So today, when I was feeling kind of bummed. I had a cookie. And I felt better. And then I had about 11 more over the course of the day. I like cookies, and the sweets trigger endorphins (maybe? What am I, a nutritionist) and I felt better. And then I thought. "Huh. Guess I should go to the gym this week for sure" which is about as far as I go down that road.
So yeah, it's not a vicious cycle. Sometimes I eat cause I'm unhappy. But I'm never unhappy cause I eat (not including food poisoning and green beans).
So yay me. And yay cookies!
From the strange but true file: I didn't have cake on my birthday. Or since. Which is so weird cause I do love cake. I realized that about a week ago and it just sort of stuck with me. Could my cake loving days be ended?!?
See of all the things in my life that get me down (I know right) the one thing I don't worry about/get down about is body issues.
I'm not in great shape, or even good shape at the moment. I know this. I also know that I go to the gym once a week (trying to improve that number) and that I boarded for like 5 hours yesterday. So I eat what I feel like.
So today, when I was feeling kind of bummed. I had a cookie. And I felt better. And then I had about 11 more over the course of the day. I like cookies, and the sweets trigger endorphins (maybe? What am I, a nutritionist) and I felt better. And then I thought. "Huh. Guess I should go to the gym this week for sure" which is about as far as I go down that road.
So yeah, it's not a vicious cycle. Sometimes I eat cause I'm unhappy. But I'm never unhappy cause I eat (not including food poisoning and green beans).
So yay me. And yay cookies!
From the strange but true file: I didn't have cake on my birthday. Or since. Which is so weird cause I do love cake. I realized that about a week ago and it just sort of stuck with me. Could my cake loving days be ended?!?

4 Comments:
I just bought a Bundt pan, mainly because it's fun to say, so I will make you a delayed birthday cake when you're here.
I have a Bundt pan too. But Bne doesn't come to visit us, so he can shove the Bundt pan up...
...right.
Dude. You turned *green* for what, a week?
See Ceno, Amy offers to use the bundt pan to make me cake. You offer to use the bundt pan in a way that does not get me cake. You see the appeal to part 1 over part 2?
heh, and hopefully I will get one of those jobs with paid vacations and I can start visiting everyone soon enough. :-)
...and I read "paid vaccinations", which, to be honest, is probably a Good Thing for you also.
(grin)
Admit it. You like bundt pan roughery.
Post a Comment
<< Home