There And Back Again, The Wanderings of an Unoriginal Bastard

Word on the street is that there are people that carefully plot out their entire lives. I am not one of those.

Name:
Location: Depends what day it is

So there I was, bored at work, when I think "Why not just quit my job and go to Europe for awhile?" Still can't think of a reason not to.

Tuesday, January 22, 2008

It wasn't great...

I'm always torn about talking about bad days when I have them. On the one hand I find it handy to talk about it, on the other I only tend to blog about once every couple of weeks to a month so it can create the perception that I'm a lot more down, or for a lot longer than is actually the case.

Before I get into that, here's some songs that make me laugh. Even though the subject matter probably shouldn't. Curses I spoke too soon, my efforts to find the Spanish language version of "Too Sexy" have failed. Admittedly I probably shouldn't be surprised by the reality of searching Youtube and Google with the keywords "Too Sexy" and "Spanish". Wow...Porn...what are the odds?!?

So yeah once again I find myself cursing my innate intelligence. If I had it all to do again I definitely would have been dumber...or at least less self-aware. I've been feeling kind of down recently about life in general since I found out I didn't get the job in B.C. Ok to be fair it isn't not getting the job that bothers me, it's not getting the interview even. I mean COME ON! I'm awesome! What the hell?!? But yeah this sparked a mini-What am I doing? style crisis in terms of my life in general.

My brain is such a bizarre thing. It's like this girl Megan about two years ago. We got set up by my co-workers and there was nothing there. Like no sparks at all. So I'm talking to Marino about it and I say "Yeah, nothing" and he says "Yeah she said the same thing" and about 10 minutes later he says "What is wrong with you? You're way more interested in her now that you know she isn't interested in you." And I say "Well sure. I mean I get why I'm not into her, but she should totally be into me!" The job thing is kind of similar. I was feeling torn about leaving Calgary and the Furlak and everything for a job that is pretty good but not great. And the employer was screwing things up (like telling me that I didn't need to get my transcripts in until I had an interview and then telling me that they couldn't proceed with my application until I had my transcripts in) and so forth but still. Goddamn...they still should have interviewed me.

Also I haven't been to the gym since before Christmas. Well....I went once last week but that hardly counts. Basically I tend to workout when I'm stressed and I haven't been as much recently...which is mostly WoW's fault. See I recently discovered that I love...like write mushy notes to love, playing a druid. I know that at this point my blog has become 10% less cool (can you be in negative amounts of cool? Of course you can!) but I feel compelled to comment on this. See I've played WoW for a lot of reasons. I've played to hang out with my friends. I've played to escape from my life when I didn't want to deal with it. I've played as a social commitment. But over the last month and a bit I've been playing because I really...like really...enjoy playing. I enjoyed leveling my druid. Like not just getting levels but the time along the way. This may sound odd but honestly I haven't enjoyed the leveling process in about...well a long damn time. I enjoy playing him alot and so I kind of am not that unhappy. And school started kind of slow so I didn't feel that pressure I was feeling around finals.

But I have been noticing I'm in worse shape then I was (I know shocker...no exercise + junk food = ~buff...I should write a book of something) and that's been nagging at me.

So yeah, kind of a bad day yesterday. Had a "quiz" for one of my classes. I use "" for it because it is supposed to insure we had done the readings (which I had) but I didn't realize that the teacher would have specific quotes and fairly mid-term style nitpick questions ("According to Sternbough, what are the 3 levels of Cartographic elements") so I don't think I did so well.

And now an interlude...with Fuzzy animals

Anyway the good news is that the vast majority of my sadness can be directly attributed to problems I create, or ignore that grow, so I can fix them. That's why I wish I was dumber. Then I could claim it wasn't my fault, curse the heavens, and generally carry on. But I'm not...and it is..so yeah.

Oh, and you get this nice long blog entry mostly because I woke up at 5am cause my brain decided that I wanted to work on school stuff in the morning today. So yeah, today I plan to try to convince the government to give SAIT money (you wouldn't think it would be that hard. I mean I'm not going to see a dime from my Alberta student loan...but no they have like 3 id items I need. I think I have it covered though) hit the gym.

Oh, free tip. If you haven't been to the gym in a while. And you aren't that strong to begin with...a good way to salvage your pride is to be sure to favor your shoulder a little and stretch it between sets so it looks like you've hurt it and are in physio. That way when you put the ridiculously low weights you use onto the bench it looks like you're doing so to recover strength and that you normally are like HUGE and stuff. Umm, so I hear anyway. Me, I lift like a lot! Like the stack (ok so the only stack I lift is pancakes...mmmmm pancakes).

So, as you can see, I'm feeling better. I will now leave you with Mr. T

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

A possible answer to everything is:

RAMBO

This weekend. It starts. When killing is as easy as breathing, nothing else much matters.

Cheers buddy.

5:19 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home