I'm an old man
So last night I went and played Squash with the Furlak. Now, as many of you know, the Furlak is actually quite athletic and not at all wheezy and weak unless he's been rubbed in cat for a while first. As such he has a...ummm.... "strong" record in our ongoing squash matches (we play best of five) in that he tends to win all five, or at least four. I don't remember the exact number (last "season" I believe the final stats were that he was like 28-2 but it was probably more than that).
But I digress (as I am wont to do). The key thing is that we were both still a little battered from last Saturday's mountain mayhem. And while Furlak wanted it more (throwing himself around the court like some sort of kinetic jester) I was also prepared to pay the price for victory. See as you may recall I decided to shoulder roll through a fence on Saturday. So my right shoulder is a little sore. And by match 4, it was pretty unhappy. But I thought "Screw this noise. Furlak is tiring and I don't really need my shoulder for anything. Besides, I can favor it in the gym when I go back and use it to cover what small weights I lift." (see: a post a few months ago) So I played through the pain, and I can proudly say that I've started this season with a personal best of only being 1-4 after the first set.
Yes indeed. Things are looking up for the upcoming squash battles. Except that moving my right arm is kinda not so good right now. But I have to admit it's nice to have Snowboard/Squash related injuries rather than your usual computer game related heart disease and nintendo thumbs.
Oh, and further good news. I twisted my "bad" knee (in that it's not like normal bad knees where I actually tore it up. This is the knee where I pulled a couple of ligaments and then...wait for it...FOLLOWED MY DOCTOR'S ORDERS, weird right, and was on crutches for 2 months and it healed) on Saturday on like the 2nd run on a very boring and totally lame fall. And it appears to be totally ok since it hasn't flared at me since. So yay for that.
In other news BP does not love the Bne. I know I'm moving up in the world when I say that I mean British Petroleum and not Boston Pizza. I'd be sadder but their posting was really poorly done and vague so it was hard to write a decent cover letter for it. Also no one from my program got an interview (well no one I spoke to) so it seems like they mostly posted on our website to be polite. I still haven't heard from anyone else, but rest assured I will keep you posted!
But I digress (as I am wont to do). The key thing is that we were both still a little battered from last Saturday's mountain mayhem. And while Furlak wanted it more (throwing himself around the court like some sort of kinetic jester) I was also prepared to pay the price for victory. See as you may recall I decided to shoulder roll through a fence on Saturday. So my right shoulder is a little sore. And by match 4, it was pretty unhappy. But I thought "Screw this noise. Furlak is tiring and I don't really need my shoulder for anything. Besides, I can favor it in the gym when I go back and use it to cover what small weights I lift." (see: a post a few months ago) So I played through the pain, and I can proudly say that I've started this season with a personal best of only being 1-4 after the first set.
Yes indeed. Things are looking up for the upcoming squash battles. Except that moving my right arm is kinda not so good right now. But I have to admit it's nice to have Snowboard/Squash related injuries rather than your usual computer game related heart disease and nintendo thumbs.
Oh, and further good news. I twisted my "bad" knee (in that it's not like normal bad knees where I actually tore it up. This is the knee where I pulled a couple of ligaments and then...wait for it...FOLLOWED MY DOCTOR'S ORDERS, weird right, and was on crutches for 2 months and it healed) on Saturday on like the 2nd run on a very boring and totally lame fall. And it appears to be totally ok since it hasn't flared at me since. So yay for that.
In other news BP does not love the Bne. I know I'm moving up in the world when I say that I mean British Petroleum and not Boston Pizza. I'd be sadder but their posting was really poorly done and vague so it was hard to write a decent cover letter for it. Also no one from my program got an interview (well no one I spoke to) so it seems like they mostly posted on our website to be polite. I still haven't heard from anyone else, but rest assured I will keep you posted!

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home