There And Back Again, The Wanderings of an Unoriginal Bastard

Word on the street is that there are people that carefully plot out their entire lives. I am not one of those.

Name:
Location: Depends what day it is

So there I was, bored at work, when I think "Why not just quit my job and go to Europe for awhile?" Still can't think of a reason not to.

Saturday, January 12, 2008

Spam and other cleaning issues

So my last post actually got a spam comment. Which I need to clean up somehow and (wait for it) speaking of cleaning...

What is the etiquette for begging off a social occasion because you are feeling an overwhelming urge to do dishes and laundry? As most of you know (except the bots) I don't get hit by these desire very often and so I thought I should "carpe dishsoap" as it were and get it done.

In other news I should let Steve know I've found a cure for the "when I watch they lose" curse. Ottawa is playing Detroit but the reception is so bad I can't watch without getting a headache. At first I was going to try to figure out which of the hundred wires behind the tv was the antenna, but then I realized that since I couldn't see the game, I wasn't technically watching it. Ottawa is up 2-0 in the second and I haven't seen any of it which is awesome.

So I'm back in the Calgary, ok I've been here for over a week but let's not be literal, and I'm back in school. It doesn't seem that hard so far and I suspect it's more of a "it takes a long time to do this" type of hardwork rather than a "it's really complicated and thinkey" when they said it would take all of our time. Alternately I shouldn't rush to judgements in the first week...

Other random thoughts. I saw "I Am Legend" the other night when the mighty Marcia was in town. I think Furlak put it best when he said it does a great job of showing heroism in a non-traditional sense. Will Smith's character may be the most heroic character I've ever seen in that he doesn't give up. Anyway see it.

Oh, and I totally am screwed now. Detroit just scored so I jinxed it by admitting that I was observing. Curses.

Well this was disjointed...and kind of boring. But, as mes Amy once said "there are so few good surprises left when you get to a certain age".

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home