What would you say you do here?
So we found out yesterday that our program no longer has a director. Those of you who have not zoned out while I bitched about this program may be aware that he wasn't doing very well at all. Like "Oh sweet jesus put a monkey in charge and it couldn't do worse", so the news that he had resigned was not a big shocker.
And the way we found out was also pretty much par for the course with this program. One of the students was talking to the "Student Liason" and mentioned that he wanted to ask Reg (the Director) a question. "Oh" says the STUDENT LIASON "He resigned last week." According to said student it was very difficult not to ask that great question from Office Space.
So yeah, we no longer have a director. And, apparently, there isn't a new one in sight. Which is fantastic with 2 months to go in the program year. On the other hand it wasn't like he was doing anything anyway.
Le sigh
Bne's Post-Game Analysis:
I think Hossa going to Pittsburgh will be a huge boost for that team and so long as he re-signs with them they didn't even pay that much. The only real question is how much it is worth to Hossa to play along side the best player in the game for the next decade.
Oh
You thought I'd talk about my program more
What's to say? The man did nothing, brought nothing to the program, didn't do his job (seriously when I called IT about the lost storage space they said "Your director didn't send us any specific requirements so you are being assigned the default value") and actively did things that I would deem unprofessional ("If you want to evaluate your classes from last term, you have to sign the evaluation form so we know who said what.")
But hey, it's not like they renewed all our software liscences (working with "evaluation mode" software that shuts down every 20 minutes is awesome!) or even looked at a Calendar when they made their teaching schedules (my programming class is cutting a module out because the teacher didn't realize that SAIT has a week long spring break. Note: This is his SECOND year teaching this class)
But I get a piece of paper and hopefully a job with paid vacations and benefits and a normal life when this is over. And if they call me to come back and talk to the next class I can always have a good laugh.
Darn it, you got me talking about it again.
Alrighty now I present to you Odd Todd which I have not explored, but looks promising.
And the way we found out was also pretty much par for the course with this program. One of the students was talking to the "Student Liason" and mentioned that he wanted to ask Reg (the Director) a question. "Oh" says the STUDENT LIASON "He resigned last week." According to said student it was very difficult not to ask that great question from Office Space.
So yeah, we no longer have a director. And, apparently, there isn't a new one in sight. Which is fantastic with 2 months to go in the program year. On the other hand it wasn't like he was doing anything anyway.
Le sigh
Bne's Post-Game Analysis:
I think Hossa going to Pittsburgh will be a huge boost for that team and so long as he re-signs with them they didn't even pay that much. The only real question is how much it is worth to Hossa to play along side the best player in the game for the next decade.
Oh
You thought I'd talk about my program more
What's to say? The man did nothing, brought nothing to the program, didn't do his job (seriously when I called IT about the lost storage space they said "Your director didn't send us any specific requirements so you are being assigned the default value") and actively did things that I would deem unprofessional ("If you want to evaluate your classes from last term, you have to sign the evaluation form so we know who said what.")
But hey, it's not like they renewed all our software liscences (working with "evaluation mode" software that shuts down every 20 minutes is awesome!) or even looked at a Calendar when they made their teaching schedules (my programming class is cutting a module out because the teacher didn't realize that SAIT has a week long spring break. Note: This is his SECOND year teaching this class)
But I get a piece of paper and hopefully a job with paid vacations and benefits and a normal life when this is over. And if they call me to come back and talk to the next class I can always have a good laugh.
Darn it, you got me talking about it again.
Alrighty now I present to you Odd Todd which I have not explored, but looks promising.

2 Comments:
Well that sucks balls!!!
Need a 'let's get drunk-hang-out pick me up'?
Let me know!!!
Signing evaluations is common practise. The trick is that the names are removed before the people to whom they pertain get to see them. That way if there is a serious complaint the administration can resolve it in a responsible manner. And no, from what you've said, I don't think this applies to the fine organization you attend.
Given your last post, I was having flashbacks and have to ask: were you ready to wallow?
Post a Comment
<< Home