Last Post of the Year
It's been an interesting three weeks.
Ok, not so much but the last week has been interesting. See the previous two weeks consisted of finals and playing WoW before coming home for xmas.
The trip home had an ill omen on the drive when my belt fell apart (please feel free to make any and all jokes) for no real reason. Just a rivet went sailing off and then the buckle fell off. Fortunately (eeriely so really) I got a belt for xmas from a family friend...so that worked out.
So far I have broken:
1) Suz's dragon (wall hanging)
2) Suz's Car (twice sort of)
3) Suz's garage (part of the second car thing)
Strangely enough she still claims she's glad I'm here which may fit the bill for getting her taken away by the nice folks in the white coats. I should explain. The dragon breakage is kind of boring, I bumped into it and it fell off the wall. The first time with the car was immediately after the dragon when I was paranoid that I'd break the car (I was staying at my family's house) so I refused to drive it for two days. And it wouldn't start when I did try to drive. The garage and second car injury were the result of pulling out of Suz's tiny garage and carefully watching the left side of the car and so the right side clipped the frame of the garage. The car is almost ok (broken light fixture in that the plastic broke but the light works) but the garage actually moved off the foundation.
I actually feel alot worse about the dragon since it had sentimental value. The garage, while probably pricey, is a straight up financial matter and so more "fixable" and so less guilty. Still wish I hadn't done it though.
In other news home was nice. Family is still crazy (shocking) but it was nice and kind of fun even to be there. I did discover that this was the first xmas in 12 years where I didn't have an escape option for the afternoon which meant I spent some 40 hours straight with the family which I haven't done in as long as I can remember. It was not as painful as I'd anticipated. Loot was good too this year and I got some nice stuff including an awesomely fuzzy and warm robe from Chris that is staticy as hell and I'm sure will be even worse in dry dry Calgary.
Anyway life is good (if cold) and I miss everyone I'm not seeing (ah the "joy" of having friends in many different cities) which is a bit distracting but what can you do. Here's hoping everyone else had at least as nice a Christmas as I did.
Ok, not so much but the last week has been interesting. See the previous two weeks consisted of finals and playing WoW before coming home for xmas.
The trip home had an ill omen on the drive when my belt fell apart (please feel free to make any and all jokes) for no real reason. Just a rivet went sailing off and then the buckle fell off. Fortunately (eeriely so really) I got a belt for xmas from a family friend...so that worked out.
So far I have broken:
1) Suz's dragon (wall hanging)
2) Suz's Car (twice sort of)
3) Suz's garage (part of the second car thing)
Strangely enough she still claims she's glad I'm here which may fit the bill for getting her taken away by the nice folks in the white coats. I should explain. The dragon breakage is kind of boring, I bumped into it and it fell off the wall. The first time with the car was immediately after the dragon when I was paranoid that I'd break the car (I was staying at my family's house) so I refused to drive it for two days. And it wouldn't start when I did try to drive. The garage and second car injury were the result of pulling out of Suz's tiny garage and carefully watching the left side of the car and so the right side clipped the frame of the garage. The car is almost ok (broken light fixture in that the plastic broke but the light works) but the garage actually moved off the foundation.
I actually feel alot worse about the dragon since it had sentimental value. The garage, while probably pricey, is a straight up financial matter and so more "fixable" and so less guilty. Still wish I hadn't done it though.
In other news home was nice. Family is still crazy (shocking) but it was nice and kind of fun even to be there. I did discover that this was the first xmas in 12 years where I didn't have an escape option for the afternoon which meant I spent some 40 hours straight with the family which I haven't done in as long as I can remember. It was not as painful as I'd anticipated. Loot was good too this year and I got some nice stuff including an awesomely fuzzy and warm robe from Chris that is staticy as hell and I'm sure will be even worse in dry dry Calgary.
Anyway life is good (if cold) and I miss everyone I'm not seeing (ah the "joy" of having friends in many different cities) which is a bit distracting but what can you do. Here's hoping everyone else had at least as nice a Christmas as I did.

1 Comments:
We have lots of stuff for you to break. Come visit when you can, and we miss you. (Thanks for calling)
Post a Comment
<< Home