Sometimes my brain has the best ideas
So there I am, fast asleep. Dreaming that I'm in a gravity well trying to pull myself "up" so that I can try to save Forest Whitaker, whom I'm not really that big a fan of despite Ghost Dog. And I wake up.
I look at my alarm, which says 6:43 and think, in two weeks this is about when I'll need to get up, so let's give it a shot. And I wander out here, get some water, and sort of relax and read my webcomics to wake up. After all, I got my student loan stuff in the mail, and I need to go to the bank.
And now I realize that I have my alarm set about 20mins fast, which I think I knew, and that I have like an hour and a bit until I can even go to the bank.
sigh
I also did something to my leg yesterday. I know that isn't very descriptive but the best I can do is to say that I feel like an action figure where the leg has been pulled out of the pelvis, twisted about some, then put back in. I've got some pain, though the limp I had yesterday is mostly gone. I mention this because it's why I'm not just going in to the gym this morning. I might anyway though, and just stay off the leg as much as possible.
I've been sleeping a lot better these days. Which is good cause the other option was to die a strange sleep deprived death. I think the cooler nights (see: cold) help since not only is it nice sleeping weather, but the drunks don't come out to fight by my window. Sadly I'm not in a high enough apartment to pour boiling oil or pitch or something on them.
I've been having a growing desire to take up coffee in the morning again. As many of you know, I don't drink alot of coffee. This is not, as most would assume, because I don't like the stuff. Cause boy do I like it. But rather a response to how much I was drinking back in High School/first year. But mornings like this, when it's cooler and quiet, I feel the old man calling of a robe and a hot cup of java out on the balcony and watch the world wake up. What with school starting at the ungodly hour of 8, I assume coffee is in my future, but I don't count the emergency "I will die if I don't drink this" type.
I'm debating calling Telus again to try to get my landline disconnected. They keep crediting it, so far, so I really haven't got a lot of motivation to do so but the principle of the thing is that it should be off.
Work was crazy, and strangely profitable, this weekend. Which was good because it's been either dead, or just poor, for almost as long as I've been there. I'm still planning on checking out the Rchris when they open here. And yes, probably working there since it will be the less work (and stress) for the same money (or more). I've been thinking also about the stress part. I mean Rics is not hard, but it is volume, which is inherently stressful, and with school coming up I really think I should reserve all my stress for that. Also I'm tired of serving cute, but poor, people my own age or younger. Bring on the fat old people with the established incomes!
Well, that's my disjointed thoughts for today. I suspect I'll update again this week (cause I'm cool like that). I booked next week off entirely at work so that I can prep for school and make sure I have everything I need to get things done. It's hard to believe that orientation is in 10 days though. I might (assuming I get that weekend off) sneak up to Edmonton for one of the last, if not the last I'm not sure, Crown of Thorns games and also to see people before I enter the great "no travel" drought of 2007/2008.
Oh, and in other news, Rill and Jeff are coming to visit September long weekend. Which is cool. And Shelley was saying that she and Adam will be in town for a zoo day trip around that time. So that is also very cool. Now if Marcia is coming down sometime soonish then it would even make things SMAC!!!
I look at my alarm, which says 6:43 and think, in two weeks this is about when I'll need to get up, so let's give it a shot. And I wander out here, get some water, and sort of relax and read my webcomics to wake up. After all, I got my student loan stuff in the mail, and I need to go to the bank.
And now I realize that I have my alarm set about 20mins fast, which I think I knew, and that I have like an hour and a bit until I can even go to the bank.
sigh
I also did something to my leg yesterday. I know that isn't very descriptive but the best I can do is to say that I feel like an action figure where the leg has been pulled out of the pelvis, twisted about some, then put back in. I've got some pain, though the limp I had yesterday is mostly gone. I mention this because it's why I'm not just going in to the gym this morning. I might anyway though, and just stay off the leg as much as possible.
I've been sleeping a lot better these days. Which is good cause the other option was to die a strange sleep deprived death. I think the cooler nights (see: cold) help since not only is it nice sleeping weather, but the drunks don't come out to fight by my window. Sadly I'm not in a high enough apartment to pour boiling oil or pitch or something on them.
I've been having a growing desire to take up coffee in the morning again. As many of you know, I don't drink alot of coffee. This is not, as most would assume, because I don't like the stuff. Cause boy do I like it. But rather a response to how much I was drinking back in High School/first year. But mornings like this, when it's cooler and quiet, I feel the old man calling of a robe and a hot cup of java out on the balcony and watch the world wake up. What with school starting at the ungodly hour of 8, I assume coffee is in my future, but I don't count the emergency "I will die if I don't drink this" type.
I'm debating calling Telus again to try to get my landline disconnected. They keep crediting it, so far, so I really haven't got a lot of motivation to do so but the principle of the thing is that it should be off.
Work was crazy, and strangely profitable, this weekend. Which was good because it's been either dead, or just poor, for almost as long as I've been there. I'm still planning on checking out the Rchris when they open here. And yes, probably working there since it will be the less work (and stress) for the same money (or more). I've been thinking also about the stress part. I mean Rics is not hard, but it is volume, which is inherently stressful, and with school coming up I really think I should reserve all my stress for that. Also I'm tired of serving cute, but poor, people my own age or younger. Bring on the fat old people with the established incomes!
Well, that's my disjointed thoughts for today. I suspect I'll update again this week (cause I'm cool like that). I booked next week off entirely at work so that I can prep for school and make sure I have everything I need to get things done. It's hard to believe that orientation is in 10 days though. I might (assuming I get that weekend off) sneak up to Edmonton for one of the last, if not the last I'm not sure, Crown of Thorns games and also to see people before I enter the great "no travel" drought of 2007/2008.
Oh, and in other news, Rill and Jeff are coming to visit September long weekend. Which is cool. And Shelley was saying that she and Adam will be in town for a zoo day trip around that time. So that is also very cool. Now if Marcia is coming down sometime soonish then it would even make things SMAC!!!

5 Comments:
I am....and I miss you too.
Hey there brother, I've been worried about you lately...I'm glad to see things are starting to sort themselves out. I definitely have to roll up there some time. The fact I hate that damned city is no reason not to visit...stupid real life...
Dude, the next time I see you use "SMAC" in an e-mail, I'm gonna pay some huge dude to "SMAK" you right in the face until you have a concussion.
Knock that shit off, seriously.
Also, Forest Whitaker was harsh in "Fast Times at Ridgemont High".
SMAC is totally Super Mega Awesome Cool, and don't ever dis it, T.
Post a Comment
<< Home