The Kids alright
Ok, so I've mourned the loss of my pizzeria long enough. I should also mention that none of the good chinese places deliver here either...sigh
Let's see, what have I been up to.
Began applying for student loans. Discovered that, in Alberta, you have to have an "Alberta Student Number" in order to begin to apply for student loans. I have now applied for said number, and hope to have it by Wednesday.
Bought a summer pass to SAIT's recreational facilities (not a drug lounge) wherein I have gone swimming twice and been to the gym twice as well. Given that it's been 6 days in total, I am pleased with my commitment so far. Didn't go Thursday cause time did not permit and didn't go today since the lovely and talented Erin and Malcolm took me wall climbing.
I hurts all over. But I think I will like it. They joy of being literal is that, when asked if I liked it, I said "No. But I will." Much like squash, the first few times out I was in pain and not really happy. But I felt the same determination to get good as said sport. So yeah, don't like it yet. But I shall soon.
Hmm, random thoughts for 2am updates.
Oh, funny damn thing happened in Kensington on Saturday. Was walking along with said duo of doom (no caps, no TM) and this homeless guy looks at me, looks at Erin, and says (I kid you not) "Man, you got a woman like that. You *must* have money! Give me some." It was damn funny and I almost actually gave him some (I make a point of never doing that. I'm a liberal, but I firmly believe in the social programs in place already). Erin and I had a quick discussion about wether he was calling her a golddigger or me ugly (obviously me ugly. Poor blind hobo) But still, damn funny.
Got the light in the bathroom fixed. And the buzzer. I know I know, fascinating. But for anyone who actually comes here, these are a big deal.
Work is a pain in the ass. The novelty of working lower end than before, I am a high end waiter after all (Hi Jeff!), has worn off. I'm making like 50-75% of what I was making before. I'm basically staying at the Ric's til Rchris opens. I may not be able to get along with the manager at Rchris (one of them is a guy I didn't like/get along with in Edmonton) but I can still make more there working two nights a week than I can at Ric's working 3. And I need to spend as much time on school, and as little late nights at work.
But yeah. Life, she is pretty damn good. Got a light work week this week. Apparently the week post-stampede always sucks. So I'm gonna get more gym time in. And clean somemore I think.
Oh, total sidenote. Got my c-train ticket reduced to $100. Purely by saying I was sorry. Gotta love the system.
Oh, and Furlak took off for 4 days to bike around Victoria. He came back tonight so I guess he didn't die or anything (not that he called or wrote...big jerk).
HI RILLA! I may have gotten your letter, I may not have. I'll check the mail tomorrow.
Edit: Apparently it was the Furlak's birthday last Thursday (when he left town). Get him!
Let's see, what have I been up to.
Began applying for student loans. Discovered that, in Alberta, you have to have an "Alberta Student Number" in order to begin to apply for student loans. I have now applied for said number, and hope to have it by Wednesday.
Bought a summer pass to SAIT's recreational facilities (not a drug lounge) wherein I have gone swimming twice and been to the gym twice as well. Given that it's been 6 days in total, I am pleased with my commitment so far. Didn't go Thursday cause time did not permit and didn't go today since the lovely and talented Erin and Malcolm took me wall climbing.
I hurts all over. But I think I will like it. They joy of being literal is that, when asked if I liked it, I said "No. But I will." Much like squash, the first few times out I was in pain and not really happy. But I felt the same determination to get good as said sport. So yeah, don't like it yet. But I shall soon.
Hmm, random thoughts for 2am updates.
Oh, funny damn thing happened in Kensington on Saturday. Was walking along with said duo of doom (no caps, no TM) and this homeless guy looks at me, looks at Erin, and says (I kid you not) "Man, you got a woman like that. You *must* have money! Give me some." It was damn funny and I almost actually gave him some (I make a point of never doing that. I'm a liberal, but I firmly believe in the social programs in place already). Erin and I had a quick discussion about wether he was calling her a golddigger or me ugly (obviously me ugly. Poor blind hobo) But still, damn funny.
Got the light in the bathroom fixed. And the buzzer. I know I know, fascinating. But for anyone who actually comes here, these are a big deal.
Work is a pain in the ass. The novelty of working lower end than before, I am a high end waiter after all (Hi Jeff!), has worn off. I'm making like 50-75% of what I was making before. I'm basically staying at the Ric's til Rchris opens. I may not be able to get along with the manager at Rchris (one of them is a guy I didn't like/get along with in Edmonton) but I can still make more there working two nights a week than I can at Ric's working 3. And I need to spend as much time on school, and as little late nights at work.
But yeah. Life, she is pretty damn good. Got a light work week this week. Apparently the week post-stampede always sucks. So I'm gonna get more gym time in. And clean somemore I think.
Oh, total sidenote. Got my c-train ticket reduced to $100. Purely by saying I was sorry. Gotta love the system.
Oh, and Furlak took off for 4 days to bike around Victoria. He came back tonight so I guess he didn't die or anything (not that he called or wrote...big jerk).
HI RILLA! I may have gotten your letter, I may not have. I'll check the mail tomorrow.
Edit: Apparently it was the Furlak's birthday last Thursday (when he left town). Get him!

3 Comments:
HI BEN!
Oh, I also hope that someone in your household pelted you with pennies after your swim. I will send pennies via the regular post, if you promise to throw them at yourself as you crawl up the stairs.
I'm on it.
Post a Comment
<< Home