There And Back Again, The Wanderings of an Unoriginal Bastard

Word on the street is that there are people that carefully plot out their entire lives. I am not one of those.

Name:
Location: Depends what day it is

So there I was, bored at work, when I think "Why not just quit my job and go to Europe for awhile?" Still can't think of a reason not to.

Thursday, August 09, 2007

If it works in cartoons

I should just be able to smash myself in the head and go right to sleep. Or reverse my personality, or something.

It's 3:27am in the morning (Hi Jill!) and I can't sleep.

Again.

sigh, this is getting to be a "thing". Lets see (should it be Let's?) so far I have done the following.

Sunday: Ordered Pizza from Pizza 73, which is oily awful stuff and I lay in bed til 5am in old man turmoil. Of course the heated discussions that the drunks have outside my window at 2-4am (also in the morning) don't help.

Monday: Got off work, was up late. Got to bed around 2am. Had a big day the next day, and alot on the old noggin.

Tuesday: Up at 5am, so yeah part of the lack of sleep the night before was the ever so useful part where you scream at your brain "I have to be up in 4 hours...GO TO SLEEP!" which *always* works. Bus to and from Edmonton (I was only in Edmonton for about 40 mins, which is why I didn't say anything. Don't hate!) and get home by 4. Funny moment when the bus driver got lost coming into Calgary and we ended up driving down 11th ave past the Co-Op. I did manage to sleep some on the bus both ways. But not much. I eat healthy bread sandwhiches for dinner and they don't agree with me either. In this case I spend a healthy amount of time hugging the toilet.

Wednesday: Up moderately early. Actually slept pretty poorly too (Furlak is of the impression that I had some sort of flu or other illness. However since I never craved soup, this can not be true) what with chills and all that. Had a decent day. Went to bed about an hour and a bit ago. And tossed, and turned. No drunks this time. It's actually a nice soothing rain out there. But I apparently can't sleep.

Where is the blessed exhaustion that is rightfully mine! I demand to be too tired to stand. The sad thing is that while I have to work tomorrow, I expect to be called off in the morning (I'm supposed to work the patio, except it's supposed to rain all day) and so the evening might save me.

So I saw a "Free Tibet" rally while I was downtown today. I like to think that had it been a Taiwan related rally I would have watched quietly and then moved on. as I did for the Tibet one, and not just yelled "One China!" and then run like hell.

Now if Linda had been there (Was it Linda? Rando, you know of whom I speak) that would have been a very different story. Although possibly I still would have been quiet, since her dad is apparently rather frightening.

Anyway, that's enough whining. I should do what I always do when things stress me out. Take two tylenol and think of all the things that could be bothering me and then say "It'll work itself out" until I feel the tension slip away.

I know, I know. My mom isn't a fan of the technique either. But having a history of stress headaches, and having had an actual migraine, I go with what works!

Last thought. Got my postcard from Suz today. A demonic rabbit and cat playing banjos is, in fact, one of the creepiest things I've seen recently.

4 Comments:

Blogger cenobyte said...

Yes. It should have been.

8:00 AM  
Blogger Bne said...

I thought so, being the short form of "Let us" but I wasn't sure. As an update, I got to sleep just after 5. And just got the call from work saying I don't have to go in since it is raining.

It's like I'm psychic or something.

Oh, and I had a new theory vis a vis the no sleeping thing last night. I took the last two months off the ritalin (for those that didn't know, I'm ADHD) and restarted my meds yesterday. So there is the remote chance that my body was just re-adjusting to the chemicals.

10:04 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

That could be it drugs yes drugs. But Bne my boy you should go for a walk before you head to bed and see if that help out. Try it a few times and let me know if it works.

11:14 AM  
Blogger Bne said...

I used to do that quite a bit when I was in this headspace. There's a community wildflower garden that I quite like where I can go and wander about some and then have a bit of a sit.

I'll give it a shot. I actually was similarly plagued last night, but fortunately pure exhaustion put me down around 2.

1:56 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home