There And Back Again, The Wanderings of an Unoriginal Bastard

Word on the street is that there are people that carefully plot out their entire lives. I am not one of those.

Name:
Location: Depends what day it is

So there I was, bored at work, when I think "Why not just quit my job and go to Europe for awhile?" Still can't think of a reason not to.

Thursday, July 05, 2007

Loss

I'd like to dedicate this blog post to Simon. No, not the Simon y'all (note y'all, not ya'll...stupid monkeys) know, but another Simon.

Simon was a great man. A friendly man, the kind of guy that would remember you from all the other times you ordered pizza from him over at Rio.

Simon has also sold his business and taken off. Jerkhead never said a word to me. Now I know. It's Calgary, and change is a part of life, but damn.

Rio Pizza is gone. It's replacement is crappy.

I am saddened by this. I poured out some coke for the pizzaria that didn't make it (into the sink, I'm not a total savage) and I will take a moment to wish Simon well, wherever he is.

He made some fine pizza.

3 Comments:

Blogger cenobyte said...

(sigh)

I miss Pepper Brothers Pizza.

1:50 PM  
Blogger Electric Maenad said...

Aw damn... they had good pizza too. Although you always had to tell them to go easy on the onions.

2:47 PM  
Blogger cenobyte said...

...I'm sorry, I don't recognise the phrase "go easy on the onions"...

6:05 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home