A little more Elmo, a little less Emo
So firstly, a nod to my current favorite Sinfest. Amy was absolutely correct that I would draw something like that (if I could draw...which I can not). It has also been pointed out to me that my last name is an anagram for No Salad. Which is awesome! Thanks Tim!
Anyway, I suppose I could explain the disheartening aspect of spending the morning being told that I did great since I made the other waiters a bunch of money (specifically Lauren made $100 of one table that I hustled for) without any money being offered (although she did offer to buy me a beer after work last night). Which reminds me of something I once said a few years ago when I worked with another Lauren and my "collegues" and I were discussing her potentials and so forth.
"Yeah, she's cute and all, but I will never...ever...call my mother's name out in bed." This sentiment was widely understood and agreed as being wisdom.
As well I should mention that since both Lauren and I are in fairly long term, serious relationships (breathe baby, breathe) that it was just a friendly "I made tons of money off your charm and will pay you back every so slightly" type of thing.
Anywho, off today til next week. Feeling considerably less blah today, which is somewhat expected. For whatever reason my brain can only handle being down in the dumps for so long before it snaps about and makes me be involved in stuff. In this case I had kind of a long, crappy, week (in the last 7 days sense, not the normal week sense) and it was the kind of week that build on its on momentum of sucktitude. Which is so a word. I mean I just used it, and it made sense in the context of which I did so.
In other news, Furlak did a bunch of dishes, which is nice since it totally frees me from having to feel vaguely like I should be doing those right now instead of writing this. Today shall be a fun day I think. Laundry and video games this morning (possibly some more productive stuff too, but I doubt it) and then out to join the Delirium crew (Delirium is the new guild I joined. It turns out that some of them live here in Calgary) for a pint somewhere. We are a discriminating crew, the beer must be cold and on a patio.
So yeah. Fret not all ye friend de me. The advantage of keeping stuff to yourself is that by the time you actually say anything, the mood is almost done. So yeah, that's a healthy approach. Repress repress repress (I'm a tumor, I'm a tumor, I'm a tumor. Oh oh oh I'm a tumor).
Anyway, I suppose I could explain the disheartening aspect of spending the morning being told that I did great since I made the other waiters a bunch of money (specifically Lauren made $100 of one table that I hustled for) without any money being offered (although she did offer to buy me a beer after work last night). Which reminds me of something I once said a few years ago when I worked with another Lauren and my "collegues" and I were discussing her potentials and so forth.
"Yeah, she's cute and all, but I will never...ever...call my mother's name out in bed." This sentiment was widely understood and agreed as being wisdom.
As well I should mention that since both Lauren and I are in fairly long term, serious relationships (breathe baby, breathe) that it was just a friendly "I made tons of money off your charm and will pay you back every so slightly" type of thing.
Anywho, off today til next week. Feeling considerably less blah today, which is somewhat expected. For whatever reason my brain can only handle being down in the dumps for so long before it snaps about and makes me be involved in stuff. In this case I had kind of a long, crappy, week (in the last 7 days sense, not the normal week sense) and it was the kind of week that build on its on momentum of sucktitude. Which is so a word. I mean I just used it, and it made sense in the context of which I did so.
In other news, Furlak did a bunch of dishes, which is nice since it totally frees me from having to feel vaguely like I should be doing those right now instead of writing this. Today shall be a fun day I think. Laundry and video games this morning (possibly some more productive stuff too, but I doubt it) and then out to join the Delirium crew (Delirium is the new guild I joined. It turns out that some of them live here in Calgary) for a pint somewhere. We are a discriminating crew, the beer must be cold and on a patio.
So yeah. Fret not all ye friend de me. The advantage of keeping stuff to yourself is that by the time you actually say anything, the mood is almost done. So yeah, that's a healthy approach. Repress repress repress (I'm a tumor, I'm a tumor, I'm a tumor. Oh oh oh I'm a tumor).

6 Comments:
MUSHROOMS AREN'T VEGTABLES!
*ahem*
Of *course* they're 'vegtables'. They can't more their arms and legs!
If they can't 'more' their arms and legs how do they get all the way up into the big bins at Safeway, huh? Explain THAT Ms. Pants!
Oh thank you *very* much, Clark, for that mental image.
Eew.
They can't 'more' their arms and legs; doesn't mean the 'vegtables' can't shout for assistance.
Duh.
You are very welcome amy. What use is an active imagination if it doesn't give you the clownies now and then.
Cenobyte: "Help help I'm being ranch-dressed!"? I'll have to listen for that when next I make a salad.
Post a Comment
<< Home