There And Back Again, The Wanderings of an Unoriginal Bastard

Word on the street is that there are people that carefully plot out their entire lives. I am not one of those.

Name:
Location: Depends what day it is

So there I was, bored at work, when I think "Why not just quit my job and go to Europe for awhile?" Still can't think of a reason not to.

Thursday, August 02, 2007

Later today...a week later...whichever

Ok, so it's been a bit since my mini-update. But you know how it is when you don't have anything particularly interesting to say and life goes on and then you realize that maybe you should at least post something so that people know that life is going on and so forth.

Been awake like 2 minutes, so cut me some freaking slack.

So my orientation is in three weeks. Which is kind of cool seeing as how I never went to any of them at the U of S. When you spend your formative years wandering about a campus, you sort of feel that there is nothing to be learned from a guided tour. But yeah, got my loan all sorted (for now) and got my class schedule.

Speaking of which, I was in Arts at the U of S. When you're in arts you have classes all over the place. Every year I'd do the race game wherein I'd go to campus a day or two before classes started in order to walk from room to room in order to see if I had any hard travel times (like one year when I had to get from the agriculture building to the 10th floor of the arts tower in 10 minutes. It was doable, but I had to plan my route to go outside in winter in order to beat the congestion at a few points.

So anyway I get my schedule and I don't know the SAIT campus at all, so I think I'd better do that this year too. Then I look at said schedule and realize that I'm in a technical program. I'm in the exact same classroom for every single class. Except one. Friday afternoon I have my "communication in the workforce" class (yay being in a geek program) and that's in a different room. However I have an hour to find it so I'm not worried.

I am getting so psyched for this. Twenty-five days til classes start. Got to get my books, and find out about medical coverage (three years in Alberta and I still don't understand non-free health care) and get my student card and everything squared away.

I have discovered the joy of being older and having a beard. I've stopped a couple of my fellow students with questions about campus (where am I questions) and they've all been very prompt and polite to me. Given that most people I've met there assume I'm staff, I assume they aren't sure I won't be teaching them something at some point.

On an interpersonal note. I feel my anti-social mood passing, so if you sent me a message on the facebook or email I will be responding shortly.

Oh, and I'm glad Rando is feeling better. I was worried even if I didn't give any indication of it.

Oh, and Suz is in town for two days. Of course I have to work. Cause that's how I roll...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home