I'm so tired of waking up tired of waking up tired
Ok so it's 6am. Again. This makes two days in a row that I've gotten up this ungodly early. And part of my brain has fast forwarded and realized that with my life as a grown up starting that this is not a short term thing.
Day1 of school went fairly well. Brief freakout moment when I discovered that "two year program with a practicum" means one year of theory then the practicum. Since I've been referring to my program as being a three year program the discovery that it is, in fact, a full year shorter than expected caused some stress.
Also discovering that the pre-start assignments that were stressing the crap out of me Sunday night ("Name 5 ways that geomatics affects your life" Ummm...I use maps?) aren't due til Thursday was a bit of a surprise.
Yeah, this program is going to be a lot of work. Ozzie, one of the instructors, cheerfully informed us that we should definitely relax and do nothing with this long weekend (no school Friday) as it would "probably be the last one we wouldn't be spending in the lab".
Yay
So here I am, trying to decide what to wear, and trying really hard not to think about getting up at 6 everyday for the rest of my life.
Goddamn.
Oh, and I've already become that guy that will talk in class. By which I mean answer questions and speak for the group, not so much for the chatty. They told us that we should try to figure out what our role is in groups. Which I like because I've been the "Presenter/talking guy" for years, and given some of the social abilities of my classmates this will be an easy position for me to score again. So yay for that.
Update: I just spoke to student loans. It will be another 10 days or so before it clears. I have never, ever, had a positive experience with this organization and I'm really damn close to actually being angry enough about it to start writing letters. Pointless letters that will achieve nothing, but still. Apparently the electronic payment I made on the 20th was not processed by them until the 27th. So now that I've given them their $140, they can release the $7000 that I need for tuition, books, a portable hard drive, food, etc. This continues to be just about the stupidest policy I've ever encountered. If anyone, anyone at all, can explain to me whom it benefits to withhold my new loan until the interest is paid for the portion of the month leading up to school starting. Instead of say deducting said monies from the new loan (seeing as how that is effectively what they do) I would sincerely appreciate it. I mean it certainly doesn't help me, and I fail to see how it helps them.
But anyway, time to head out for the day.
Day1 of school went fairly well. Brief freakout moment when I discovered that "two year program with a practicum" means one year of theory then the practicum. Since I've been referring to my program as being a three year program the discovery that it is, in fact, a full year shorter than expected caused some stress.
Also discovering that the pre-start assignments that were stressing the crap out of me Sunday night ("Name 5 ways that geomatics affects your life" Ummm...I use maps?) aren't due til Thursday was a bit of a surprise.
Yeah, this program is going to be a lot of work. Ozzie, one of the instructors, cheerfully informed us that we should definitely relax and do nothing with this long weekend (no school Friday) as it would "probably be the last one we wouldn't be spending in the lab".
Yay
So here I am, trying to decide what to wear, and trying really hard not to think about getting up at 6 everyday for the rest of my life.
Goddamn.
Oh, and I've already become that guy that will talk in class. By which I mean answer questions and speak for the group, not so much for the chatty. They told us that we should try to figure out what our role is in groups. Which I like because I've been the "Presenter/talking guy" for years, and given some of the social abilities of my classmates this will be an easy position for me to score again. So yay for that.
Update: I just spoke to student loans. It will be another 10 days or so before it clears. I have never, ever, had a positive experience with this organization and I'm really damn close to actually being angry enough about it to start writing letters. Pointless letters that will achieve nothing, but still. Apparently the electronic payment I made on the 20th was not processed by them until the 27th. So now that I've given them their $140, they can release the $7000 that I need for tuition, books, a portable hard drive, food, etc. This continues to be just about the stupidest policy I've ever encountered. If anyone, anyone at all, can explain to me whom it benefits to withhold my new loan until the interest is paid for the portion of the month leading up to school starting. Instead of say deducting said monies from the new loan (seeing as how that is effectively what they do) I would sincerely appreciate it. I mean it certainly doesn't help me, and I fail to see how it helps them.
But anyway, time to head out for the day.

3 Comments:
Heh. A few weeks of late-night study sessions that waking up at 6am is A Bad Idea. :-)
Dude, geomatics IS maps...don't blow the wad saying you 'use maps'. You have to be WAY more specific (remember, you're in school again). Ask yourself what you use maps for...figuring out what bus to take to get to school/the distance between your apartment and the nearest grocery store/what is the most efficient way to get home from school while picking up a movie and a case of beer...I'll let you do the last two.
Hang in there.
Dude, don't hold your breath on the student loans thing. Last time they told me I owned them about $3.00 in interest, and it meant I didn't get my loan until December. I very nearly hitch-hiked to Regina to go on a murderous rampage. It was very stressful.
Er. Good luck with everything, I mean.
Post a Comment
<< Home