There And Back Again, The Wanderings of an Unoriginal Bastard

Word on the street is that there are people that carefully plot out their entire lives. I am not one of those.

Name:
Location: Depends what day it is

So there I was, bored at work, when I think "Why not just quit my job and go to Europe for awhile?" Still can't think of a reason not to.

Saturday, August 18, 2007

The Erin and I broke up entry

Firstly let me apologize to anyone I didn't call directly. My phone has been somewhat undependable, and so I've only been able to make one call per day basically. And I'm not spending hundreds (or tens) of dollars on cel phone long distance. Sorry, but hello...STUDENT.

Ok, so yeah. As of Sunday August 12, Erin and I have decided that we are going to stop being a couple. It has been a bad couple of months, and we decided that it was time to just call it off.

I'm not going to go into detail here, of course, but suffice to say that we have been fighting for the last couple of months, and things just weren't working out. On Sunday we talked things over for a couple of hours and agreed that this is the best thing. In essence we wanted to stop while we could still be friends.

I'm ok. Really.

I have no regrets. I knew there was a chance things wouldn't work out for us, and I also knew that if I didn't give it a try I'd regret that decision for the rest of my life.

The time I had with Erin was the happiest of my life so far. I wouldn't give it up for the world. I'm very proud of myself and Erin for giving things another try, and my only real regret (ok, so I have one regret...sue me) is that many of you never got to see the two of us together.

Erin has had so many positive impacts on my life. She showed me that I could put someone else's happiness above my own, something I am generally loathe to do, and that the worst thing in life is not to fail, but to not try. I will absolutely say here that she is the reason I finally applied to SAIT. The reason I want to make my life into something more than it was, is due to her influence on me.

I think she and I will stay close. It's been nice actually. I've spoken to her a couple of times this last week and it was much more comfortable than when we were dating. Which really tells me this is the right thing for us.

I originally had mentally composed this really long beautiful entry talking about this. But really I don't think it's necessary. Maybe it's cause I'm really tired today, or maybe cause the week has mellowed me. Hard to say. Also alot of it involved personal moments that I don't think translate well on a written media.

Suffice to say that I want to be clear that this was as close to a mutual decision as there is possible to be in this situation. Erin didn't like how things were going, I didn't like how things were going, and we both recognized that if we didn't stop, we'd start to dislike each other. I watched Eternal Sunshine of the spotless mind for the first time about a week before it happened and it helped me. In that I realized I was starting to forget all the happy moments that we had.

Anyway, I'm off to work. There's other stuff going on too, but this seemed like it deserved its own post.

Stop worrying!

2 Comments:

Blogger neuba said...

I am glad that I had the privilege to see you and Erin together. Although it was for a short time, I finally understand what you had been talking about for the past few months and from your first stint.

I am sad for you both, as I really did like you two together, and I thought this would be the time. But sometimes these things just happen, and it is always better to end it while you can still be friends.

8:38 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Bne I will always be around some place for you to talk to or just rest yourself on....lol This little rock will always be happy to help you because I will alway care for you.

1:46 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home