There And Back Again, The Wanderings of an Unoriginal Bastard

Word on the street is that there are people that carefully plot out their entire lives. I am not one of those.

Name:
Location: Depends what day it is

So there I was, bored at work, when I think "Why not just quit my job and go to Europe for awhile?" Still can't think of a reason not to.

Wednesday, August 22, 2007

Aaaaaaaaaaahhhhhhhhhh!

Ok, so not the most descriptive title ever but I feel it is accurate.

I have school in two days.

TWO!

DAYS!

Ok, breathe, it's ok.

I've got about half the assignments done (yes I have assignments due for orientation) and I have half my books ordered (stupid no university bookstore) and now I just have to get the other two. Which involves calling local stores until I find them, and planning food and travel and clothes and

aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaahhhhhhhhhhhh...

In other news, the student loans people won't release my student loan until next week. Once again I owed them some money in interest for the time up until I start school (just over 100 dollars this time) and once again they refuse to release my funds (just over 7000 dollars) until they receive said payment. I'd be more worked up about this, but it happened about 5 years ago and I think I was mad enough for all time when it happened that time. Since that time they held 3 grand because I owed them $12. Seriously. It cost me more to courier them a certified cheque then the cheque was worth. I was seriously ragey for months afterwards.

My favorite part of all that was when I (very gently in my memory) asked they couldn't just give me $2988 instead of $3000. "Oh, we can't deduct from that. It's *your* money". I had to take a timeout.

Ok, getting mad again thinking about it. But really, can anyone explain this policy to me?!? I mean really! We won't release any money til you pay X, but we won't just release your funds after subtracting what you owe. I mean who does that help?

Ok, the anger has suppressed the panic. As well as the fact that the water is off here, so I can't go anywhere for an hour or two when it gets turned back on. Well, I can, but I'll look like a hobo.

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

You're a student now Ben...looking like a hobo is what you should be aiming for!

And finding things to waste time on is another thing you should be doing. Here - play a game instead of homework:

Avalanche

You're a marshmallow avoiding carbonic-acidy-death! By jumping on blocks. It's pretty sweet.


-Brennan

1:36 PM  
Blogger Siochain said...

Hi,
Good luck with your first day tomorrow... I know you'll do well.
Erin
P.S. Hoot.

10:12 PM  
Blogger Bne said...

234 ft baby! Once I figured out you can spring the marshmallow off the sides of blocks it got a lot easier.

Yeah!

Oh, and thanks Siochain, turns out my first day isn't til monday since Friday was a general orientation at which my college did nothing. I did get my u-pass (universal calgary transit pass) and some free swag (weak free swag) but not much else.

8:22 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home