There And Back Again, The Wanderings of an Unoriginal Bastard

Word on the street is that there are people that carefully plot out their entire lives. I am not one of those.

Name:
Location: Depends what day it is

So there I was, bored at work, when I think "Why not just quit my job and go to Europe for awhile?" Still can't think of a reason not to.

Tuesday, May 01, 2007

Anti-social weekend

I did not advance the plot this weekend.

I didn't go out. I didn't answer my phone, I did nothing.

I did watch hockey. I did see the goal that Jersey scored with .2 seconds left and I, like a commentator I heard the next day, did think "Man, Emery shoulda had that one easy."

Friday night was Purgatory, which was a blast. I think I'm getting away from what Micajah was meant to do/be but it feels very organic and "real" in terms of reactions. I'm not sure if I'll get to the last two games, but I am interested in how it turns out either way.

I gave notice at work Sunday night, and talked to my landlord Monday morning.

Yeah, this is very choppy. Random thoughts and feelings are throughout it.

My plans are now as follows:

1) Last day of work. May 13th. Amy and Randy arrive on the 16th, drive to Al's wedding (almost called it his "weeding" which is funny to me on many levels) spend the next week in S'toon and then back to Edmonton and pack and move to Calgary.

2) Go to Banff for the summer. Take that weekend off and fly in to the wedding. Less time with beloved friends (Boo!) far more money in my pocket come September.

Man, I really like plan #1, but plan #2 seems more grownuppy to me.

So that's alot of why I was a shut in this weekend. Erin is in Calgary, and I just sorta wanted to be alone with my brain (and yes with WoW) for the weekend. Sort out how I felt about the plans. Can I miss most of the visit, and the fun weekends, for cash?

As you can tell by the aimlessness of this post. I still don't know. I mean ultimately I think I should go to Banff (and no they haven't called yet). But I want to see people, and drink at the cabin, and hoot, holler, cavort, and all sorts of fun stuff.

Edit: And work. I would get a job in Calgary since pimpin aint easy...

God, I feel like Mike (Regina Mike, not Superman Mike)

4 Comments:

Blogger Amy said...

I will call you... plans may have changed slightly (just in terms of the order of events). I don't know if this will affect your decisions, but knowledge is power.

10:06 AM  
Blogger Bne said...

And half the battle!

4:33 PM  
Blogger valueburns said...

I am happy you chose not to advance the plot. No sense in running around activating NPCs for no reason.

Cheers to that.

11:12 AM  
Blogger neuba said...

So have you decided what you are doing? Let me know...you can't leave without saying goodbye.

6:41 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home