There And Back Again, The Wanderings of an Unoriginal Bastard

Word on the street is that there are people that carefully plot out their entire lives. I am not one of those.

Name:
Location: Depends what day it is

So there I was, bored at work, when I think "Why not just quit my job and go to Europe for awhile?" Still can't think of a reason not to.

Tuesday, April 17, 2007

Taxes and other less bad news

So I felt that I should mention that I actually got more money than expected from Rev Canada this year. They decided to fix my math by using some old tax credits I didn't know I had.

So umm...yay for the tax man (*a* taxman?!?) since that money will certainly help with the other big newses.

Erin and I are headed back to Calgary. I think I've told nearly everyone (see: I don't remember whom I've told anymore) and so it's general announcement time.

Erin got a super mega awesome job (Woot!) doing what she wants for whom she wants (it's still the internet people, I'm not saying where and what) and so will be moving there next week. I got into my program at SAIT, and will be moving back at some point in the near future (I am far less hawt than Erin, so I worry less about stalkers).

At this point I have to decide between three courses of action.

1) Stay in Edmonton, have fun, have no money.

2) Go to Banff. Have a lot less fun, have alot more money.

3) Go to Calgary. Happy medium.

I'm inclined towards #2. The main reasons are that I need the money and that way I can work seasonally without any guilt. Basically my plan is to quit whatever job I have in mid-august. Move to Calgary (assuming this has not happened already) and then not work again until R Chris opens there (late Oct, early Nov) in order to get school under control.

So if the plan is #1, then I have little money for the no working part (doable, but not ideal).
If #3, then I feel guilt about taking a job intending to quit 3 months later (not that big a deal, but still not ideal).

So #2 appeals cause my costs are lower (see: next to non-existent) and I make more, and no guilt about quitting cause everyone quits after the summer ends.

But then I think I'd miss out on the summer here. And certain plans that are being made, and also that I may not be able to get away in time.

sigh

Indecision may make this decision for me.

In other news, I really meant to call Rill and my mom yesterday but my phone died since it wasn't charged all weekend. This would be my fault.

4 Comments:

Blogger Cori Quite Contrary said...

My vote is for #1. But why no money? You have the work and all.

8:14 AM  
Blogger neuba said...

I also say, #1.

6:50 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Knowing your monetary past, and not being a selfish Edmontonian, I'm strongly advising #2... although it might be advisable to put the cash that you make in some sort of time release thing, that'll evenly disperse your money.

Of course, that's all a crock, as we both know you have a credit card. Maybe your sweetie can help.

I don't suppose that you're planning a visit to S'toon any time this summer, eh? 'Cause I'm looking for excuses to throw dinner parties.

7:33 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

You know I would think that #3 would be the best case for you. Move now get settled and ready for work and school in the fall. Plus when have you ever really had a problem leaving a job?

8:51 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home