There And Back Again, The Wanderings of an Unoriginal Bastard

Word on the street is that there are people that carefully plot out their entire lives. I am not one of those.

Name:
Location: Depends what day it is

So there I was, bored at work, when I think "Why not just quit my job and go to Europe for awhile?" Still can't think of a reason not to.

Friday, March 09, 2007

Grab bag posting

I remember when Place Riel theatre (and it's spelled "re" screw you American centric spell check) used to offer these grab bags. You'd pay $1 and get usually the candy no one wanted and or some junk toy that wasn't worth the money.

For the record I only bought one.

Anyway this is a big of a grab bag post. It's early (pre-8am) so don't expect total coherence.

Something is wrong with Erin. The main reason I haven't posted for the last two weeks is that we've been going to the lab people to get various tests done (and she's been ever so stoic about it) and today is the last of them. I'm fine, I got all my panicking out of the way early, and now am saving all the weepy hysterics for the lab results. Though my money is still on a stress related diagnosis. It'll probably be another week or two before we know anything. Le sigh.

My tongue hurts. The tip of it is all enflamed (feels like) and that makes me sad. I'd assume I'd been chewing on it, except that's stupid.

Jeff didn't like The Jerk. To be fair, I don't think it's aged well. I enjoyed it, but possibly because I can remember laughing and mangling quotes with Jill (who, for the record, did not mangle quotes). Apparently they made a TV sequel called "The Jerk, too" which did not receive rave reviews.

That's about it for now. I should end on a more upbeat note, so I will. Furlak electrocuted himself on a cross light. Cause he's cool like that. Which I think is funny as hell.

Anyhow, I gots to run. I promise not to take so long to update in the future.

3 Comments:

Blogger Chris Fedak said...

I AM cool like that. They replaced the whole cross light and put in an emergency shutoff box. Just for me.

While the Jerk may not age well, "Thank you for Smoking" only gets funnier every time I watch it. Though less scary. That seems wrong somehow.

Also, please convey my sincerest "Holy crap, I hope you are okay" to my sister-from-another-mister. Throw in a big ups, and a dag, too, wouldya?

7:16 PM  
Blogger cenobyte said...

Um. Chris? Why are you talking like that?

Oh, right. The electrocution. That is pretty funny.

6:55 PM  
Blogger Arkayne said...

I still like The Jerk, but you really have to accept it for what it is - Steve Martin doing what he does best: be absurd.

12:25 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home