There And Back Again, The Wanderings of an Unoriginal Bastard

Word on the street is that there are people that carefully plot out their entire lives. I am not one of those.

Name:
Location: Depends what day it is

So there I was, bored at work, when I think "Why not just quit my job and go to Europe for awhile?" Still can't think of a reason not to.

Thursday, March 22, 2007

"There's too much crazy in this town"

So it's 6:30am.

And I'm awake.

And I'm not sure I'll get back to sleep, though I'm certainly going to try.

See here's the thing. About an hour and a bit ago, this woman sitting on her 2nd story balcony across the street began to yell. And yelling is a bit of an understatement, in that she has the lungs of a young Pavrotti, and the focus of a crack head kitten chasing a laser pointer. She, in essence, yelled "Help" over and over again until everyone within 2 blocks of her apartment was awake. Then proceeded to have a long, drawn out, yelled conversation with someone trying to determine why she was yelling.

I don't think I'll ever know the answer by the way.

Anyway, the gentleman she was "talking" to, eventually convinced her to yell out her address, and the police were summoned, and she was unhappy with this decision and has now gone inside.

So I guess she just wanted to talk...

sigh

On the plus side, I am pleased about the whole people responding to calls for aid. As well as the lack of "Shut up lady" calls and so forth.

On the minus side the whole "cried wolf" thing means it's less likely that people in this neighborhood will respond as quickly in the future. Mostly cause the impression I got from what my tired brain could process was that she was mostly bored.

Well, maybe the local news will explain what happened. As for me, I'm going to toss and turn for a bit trying to get some more sleep.

In other news, I miss you too Drang.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home