There And Back Again, The Wanderings of an Unoriginal Bastard

Word on the street is that there are people that carefully plot out their entire lives. I am not one of those.

Name:
Location: Depends what day it is

So there I was, bored at work, when I think "Why not just quit my job and go to Europe for awhile?" Still can't think of a reason not to.

Friday, May 11, 2007

About damn time

Ok, so I haven't updated in a long time. There are many good reasons, and some not so good, for this.

1) My last post was #69. What can I say, I'm a deeply mature person.

2) I didn't entirely know what to say. I'd like to claim that nothing of import has happened, but I'd be lying.

3) I was afraid of y'all.

4) When I arrived in Edmonton I did so in secret, and ahead of schedule. Part of me felt I should leave the same way...

But fortunately wise women everywhere (see: I don't remember who said this to me) pointed out that this was dumb.

I didn't get the Banff job. This would fill me with tears and such if it wasn't that I didn't want it that much. I also did not get any calls from anything in Edmonton (Standard General loves me not). And I did some thinking and have decided to move back to Calgary at the end of the month.

It's just the best idea for me I thinks. It's cheaper (as I will have a roomate and so bills are halved) it's easier on me (not traveling every other weekend to see Erin) and the work would be about the same.

Yeah, I've known this for weeks already, and I've been a big coward about telling the Edmonton crew but you know how breakups can be.

It's not you, it's me.

Amusingly enough I'm in Calgary now, and I can't decide if this city loves or hates me. For instance I got a $150 C-train ticket for not buying a $2.25 ticket to ride. Which was dumb, but at the time I was: a) tired. and b) only going one stop outside the free fare zone. But I have learned my lesson. That lesson being that in Calgary they sure are sticklers for their lawz.

On the other hand I slept until 1pm today. Marking the first time in about 3 years that I've slept past 10am in the morning. I really didn't think I was that tired even. I did get up a few times in the morning, including driving Erin to work, but still. Damn!

In other news I have joined this facebook cult. And it shore is culty! And someday I'll figure out how to move all my pictures on Flickr to my computer and then I can upload them or some such. Assuming I even have the vaguest idea what my userid and password are on that service. Or I guess I'm bothering Furlak for his memory card. Which would be easier.

Ooh ooh, if I don't pay the ticket they'll put a warrant out for my arrest! Apparently this is not as cool as I think. Though I do have a funny story about an ex-coworker of mine who spent the night in jail over a c-train ticket.

Anywho, my plans for the remainder of the month are as follows. In Calgary this weekend, then home and hanging out for Monday Tuesday, then off to S'toon/North Battleford for a week with A&R and crew. Then more hanging out and move to Calgary at the end of the month. I'll need to recruit the organizational types since I have no idea how to move stuff of the quantity and size I have accumulated.

Oh, and Amy, I'm moving my sofa! So there!!!

When I purchased said item, Amy tried to convince me that I should get a hide-a-bed type couch. I said they were too heavy to which she replied "Did you get fatter in the change room!?!"

No wait, that was a different time. She pointed out that I have never moved a couch/sofa in my life. Which is true to this point. This will be my 4th couch, and the first one not to be sold/abandoned.

Fret not oh yea Edmontonians. I have already begun my plans for frequent sumer visits. And, unlike when I lived there, I expect to be sociable and see people on these. So there!

5 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

As I have for scene you will be taking my advice even if you didn't want to. I guess I do know what is good for my Bne or I just know how thing work out for you anyway. I love you man.

10:36 AM  
Blogger Unknown said...

No wonder you aren't answering your bloody phone. I wanted to talk to you about your Sens, and to tell you some Big News. Call me!

10:47 AM  
Blogger cenobyte said...

It's been how long since you slept past 10am in the morning? 10am in the morning.

Mister Ansaldo, this is the Department of Redundancy Department calling to inform you that you've violated several bylaws indicating that you must have a proper license and registration to use terms like "10AM in the morning", "I'm going to go unthaw the chicken", and "School for the study of viral pathology". Please cease and desist immediately, also stop now, or said Dpt of Rdndcy Dpt will be forced to issue you a citation.

That is all.

The end.

12:41 PM  
Blogger Bne said...

Emmet...you were unhappy I was moving?

*grin*

Oh, and Ceno, it was deliberate. I was drawing attention to the fact by repeating myself.

So neener!

5:34 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Since I cannot actually remember the last time I saw you, darlin', I think I will see you about the same amount now that you are moving away. Hopefully, when you do come for a visit, you'll bring Erin too. How can I hit on her if I never see her??

Hope the move goes smoothly. See you...sometime.

Hugs and smoochies to you both.

10:17 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home