Perhaps a bit more coherent
Well that last post was slightly less than coherent. I would have edited it but I am: 1) The lazy
2) I think it accurately catches my mindset at the time of writing.
It would seem that Tuesday is my designated update day. Which coincides nicely with the fact that it is patch day for WoW (and today is a very big patch day indeed as we go from one point one two to two point zero. I'm spelling it out because patch one point twelve is dumb) and thus my obsession is outside my grasp.
It is no longer a frozen hellhole here, which is nice, since the storm has moved to Saskatoon now. There are very few, if any, of you that would recognise my cleverness in that there used to be a sports franchise called the "Sasakatoon Storm" which didn't last very long and was a long time ago and I guess that's how my brain operates.
In case you had not already twigged to it, this is not going to be terribly more coherent. I don't have that much to say so I'm pretty much jotting down various, often unconnected, thoughts as they occur to me.
For instance I didn't realise how much my dad doesn't like opera stars (loves opera, thinks it should be the star) til I followed moms advice when asking what he wants for christmas.
Me: "What do you want for Christmas dad?"
Dad: "Nothing nothing, no spending money on foolish things."
Me: "Well if you don't tell me what you want, I'm telling Erin that you love Placido Domingo and we're going to get you a box set."
Dad: "No, no. Dark Chocolate. I like dark chocolate."
Aaah the power of it all.
Life is going well. The restaurant appears to be willing to give me Friday Saturday as my nights off which is fantastic since I do not like having to go more than 5 days without seeing my love. She really is a balm for my soul. I'm also applying for jobs slowly but surely (about 1 a week) and also even went swimming in the pool downstairs yesterday. I'm out of shape something fierce so I decided to take it easy and only went for ten minutes. I suppose my love would have mocked me less if I'd explained that I swam for ten minutes straight, not that I was in the pool for ten. I have to swim in odd circles, which is harder than lengths, since the pool isn't long enough for me to do lengths and actually get much exercise out of it.
Today I am cleaning my apartment and generally getting caught up on more domestic activity. I'm seeing my doctor at 1 about the strangely coloured bump on my back (dating a girl in Cancer research can make for alot of worry sometimes) and I'm doing laundry and cleaning in general all morning.
The amazing Rando is coming to visit in two weeks or so, and Marcia is moving here next week (with Pokey to follow) so all I need is for Amy to come with Randy (hint freaking hint) and then for them to only have bought one way tickets and my life will be pretty close to perfect.
2) I think it accurately catches my mindset at the time of writing.
It would seem that Tuesday is my designated update day. Which coincides nicely with the fact that it is patch day for WoW (and today is a very big patch day indeed as we go from one point one two to two point zero. I'm spelling it out because patch one point twelve is dumb) and thus my obsession is outside my grasp.
It is no longer a frozen hellhole here, which is nice, since the storm has moved to Saskatoon now. There are very few, if any, of you that would recognise my cleverness in that there used to be a sports franchise called the "Sasakatoon Storm" which didn't last very long and was a long time ago and I guess that's how my brain operates.
In case you had not already twigged to it, this is not going to be terribly more coherent. I don't have that much to say so I'm pretty much jotting down various, often unconnected, thoughts as they occur to me.
For instance I didn't realise how much my dad doesn't like opera stars (loves opera, thinks it should be the star) til I followed moms advice when asking what he wants for christmas.
Me: "What do you want for Christmas dad?"
Dad: "Nothing nothing, no spending money on foolish things."
Me: "Well if you don't tell me what you want, I'm telling Erin that you love Placido Domingo and we're going to get you a box set."
Dad:
Aaah the power of it all.
Life is going well. The restaurant appears to be willing to give me Friday Saturday as my nights off which is fantastic since I do not like having to go more than 5 days without seeing my love. She really is a balm for my soul. I'm also applying for jobs slowly but surely (about 1 a week) and also even went swimming in the pool downstairs yesterday. I'm out of shape something fierce so I decided to take it easy and only went for ten minutes. I suppose my love would have mocked me less if I'd explained that I swam for ten minutes straight, not that I was in the pool for ten. I have to swim in odd circles, which is harder than lengths, since the pool isn't long enough for me to do lengths and actually get much exercise out of it.
Today I am cleaning my apartment and generally getting caught up on more domestic activity. I'm seeing my doctor at 1 about the strangely coloured bump on my back (dating a girl in Cancer research can make for alot of worry sometimes) and I'm doing laundry and cleaning in general all morning.
The amazing Rando is coming to visit in two weeks or so, and Marcia is moving here next week (with Pokey to follow) so all I need is for Amy to come with Randy (hint freaking hint) and then for them to only have bought one way tickets and my life will be pretty close to perfect.

4 Comments:
Oh. Thanks for that.
I was just thinking, "you know, I haven't been snubbed by Bne in an awfully long time; I hope he's not lying dead in a ditch somewhere with a mind full of cheese like a chemical-eating high school kid. Come to think of it, Nibs hasn't been snubbed by him in a long time either. Something's Up."
Now I know that everything is back to normal.
You know my love for you is like a truck.
And his nibs.
Just that you've clearly stated in the past that you will never leave Saskatchewan...so why taunt myself?
Actually, I think what I've said is that I'd have to make shitloads (as in, "fuck-you") money in order to be enticed away from the best place on earth (next to a Caribbean island next to Johnny Depp). I didn't say I'd *never* leave.
I think I also mentioned that if I *did* leave, I would probably move to the east coast or to somewhere across the sea, and not next door, if I had my druthers. I've lived next door, and I didn't like it much.
That being said, if Nibs and I were to make fuck-you money and be able to afford the kind of house-and-yard we have here, in a neighbourhood similar to the one we're in, with a school as awesome as ours close enough for the kids to walk every day, I'd would surely consider moving.
I fear, though, that I would always feel, as TUO's mum may have, that wherever I eventually ended up living, I would be a visitor there until I had the opportunity to go 'back home'.
I will take your love like a truck, and I will ferret it away, to be glanced at through a dark screen every now and then, but not too often, so as not to wear off the shine.
cenobyte: I will keep my eyes and ears open for a awesome house, in a awesome neighbourhood, near an amazing school and a "fuck-you" job.
You just never know, I might find something.
I am sure that I remember His Nibs telling me he would like Edmonton. However, I think I need to work on you rather than him. :)
Post a Comment
<< Home