There And Back Again, The Wanderings of an Unoriginal Bastard

Word on the street is that there are people that carefully plot out their entire lives. I am not one of those.

Name:
Location: Depends what day it is

So there I was, bored at work, when I think "Why not just quit my job and go to Europe for awhile?" Still can't think of a reason not to.

Wednesday, November 22, 2006

Aah goodie rings

I talk about food alot in this thing I've noticed. I suppose it's because my life consists of playing world of warcraft, working, missing my love, and eating. And WoW, the trials and tribulations of being a waiter, and the whinings about missing my girl all seem sort of lame as topics for posts. So it becomes about the food.

Although there will soon be a breakthrough on the socializing front since I am a week away from completing my goal of achieving Rank 10 (champion if you care) on WoW and thus my 2 month grind of "Must be in battlegrounds" will come to an end. I mean really, don't get me wrong, I'll probably still put in like 6 hours a day on the game, just that I can go out at night and on weekends without that impending sense of doom. Yes, once I'm rank 10 I can cheerfully give PvP combat the old middle finger and walk away certain that I will be back for some casual play in the new year but for now my evenings will become freer.

Freer is now a word. You may use it in scrabble.

In other news this week will not be so social. I work tonight and tomorrow. Then I am sneaking in a game of Purgatory (ok it's a larp...god) and then off to Calgary for the centre of my universe's birthday. She has asked that, instead of material goods, I donate to charity in her name and so I, being not so much concerned with other people, ask you my friends and random passers-by whom I should give money to? I'm inclined towards the Mustard Seed, but really I am totaly open to suggestions since this is not something I ever had planned to do.

I also need to mention that I whipped Crystal at Guitar Hero II the other night. Cause I rock out and am a total rock god. Occasionally I find myself seriously considering the purchase of a 360 for the sole purpose of playing it on that platform. But that's kinda dumb...but soooo sweet.

9 Comments:

Blogger cenobyte said...

...so after having decided that WoW, your schmoopsie-poo, and waitering were off-limits for post topics and food was in, you left out all the awesomeness about goodie rings and decided to go on about the forbidden topics?

I like it.

6:16 AM  
Blogger Amy said...

I too was wondering about the absence of Goodie Rings and the presence of mushy stuff and WoW.

But I'd like to suggest Doctors Without Borders for the charity. A personal fave.

10:24 AM  
Blogger Amy said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

10:25 AM  
Blogger Amy said...

Oops, I used the American link for DWB/MSF (not that I'm sure it makes a difference). Here's the Canadian page.

10:27 AM  
Blogger T. said...

If it were me, I'd donate to Amnesty International. But it's not me, and I don't know your girl at all, so you should probably just try and pick a charity that she has a fondness for.

T.

1:18 PM  
Blogger cenobyte said...

Oh, and for charities, I'm partial to the War Amps and the Canadian Cancer Society. And the SPCA.

2:31 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I am a fan of the Hope Mission, the Mustard Seed, the Edmonton Humane Society (no longer called the SPCA) as well as the Fauna Foundation. (http://www.faunafoundation.org)

Way to go to your fabulous girl for asking for such a wonderful gift!!

5:06 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

My favourite charity would be the local food bank. Most Societies for the Prevention of Cruelty to Animals have too many cranks who don't agree with my own crank vision for my taste. Also, I'm more into helping a local cause when I can.

But that's just me.

And to those confused by the lack of goodie rings, the answer is simple and straightforward: Bne is a big jerk, and he only titled the post that way to get you to read to the end of his horrible post about his taboo topics.

2:04 PM  
Blogger Eman said...

Aren't you lucky that the ranks are going to become completely obsolete soon.

11:39 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home