There And Back Again, The Wanderings of an Unoriginal Bastard

Word on the street is that there are people that carefully plot out their entire lives. I am not one of those.

Name:
Location: Depends what day it is

So there I was, bored at work, when I think "Why not just quit my job and go to Europe for awhile?" Still can't think of a reason not to.

Saturday, October 21, 2006

Worshipping at the altar of excess

So I completed day one of the tasting of the entrees at my new job.

Ugh, now I like steak, I like it alot...but I swear I don't think I will eat steak for at least a week after what yesterday had me do.

No I didn't slaughter anything, I had to taste every entree they have. Which meant having a couple of bites of about 7 different USDA prime steaks...with butter on them...and nothing else. Nothing other than butter, and nothing other than meat. I was so happy when the veal entree came with some hot peppers (do I like hot food...no) since it was something other than meat. I asked Joe (my tables trainer) for a cracker...or anything that wasn't meat. For those of you that are unaware, USDA Prime is a corn fed cattle that tastes very rich and almost buttery already.

ugh

This place really does exemplify everything that is wrong with North American culture. We're talking about a place that refers to the 8oz filet as the "petite filet". Where everything comes with butter and cheese. I made a joke about whether we'd have the defib in the manager's office for our customers needs.

But hey, it's hella expensive and so I am there. I'm hoping to earn a place amongst the MOD squad.

3 Comments:

Blogger cenobyte said...

Er. Veal *is* meat. It's just baby meat.

What news on that defibrellator?

10:08 AM  
Blogger Amy said...

I went to a steak house in Indianapolis ("St Elmo's") and thought of you, Bne. The smallest steak was 14 oz. Vegetables (ordered separately) came on separate plates so as not to diminish the manly meatarifficness of the steak.

(but what actually made me think of you was the Penfold's Bin 389. Mmmm. Thank you for introducing us!)

6:51 PM  
Blogger Electric Maenad said...

Come to our party this weekend - we're vegetarians! Well, okay, not vegetarians in the strictest sense, but we promise not to foist massive butter-soaked chunks of meat on you. Fried cheezy things are another matter entirely, however.

10:59 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home