There And Back Again, The Wanderings of an Unoriginal Bastard

Word on the street is that there are people that carefully plot out their entire lives. I am not one of those.

Name:
Location: Depends what day it is

So there I was, bored at work, when I think "Why not just quit my job and go to Europe for awhile?" Still can't think of a reason not to.

Tuesday, November 28, 2006

I'm freeeeeee...

Oh who am I kidding. Sigh

So I hit Rank 10 this morning (at 3am thank you very much) and no Eman it isn't pointless I heard a rumour that you could autoupgrade your toys for free with the xpac if you had them before the patch.

Wheee. Ok in english for those of you who aren't obsessively in love with WoW. I made Champion rank (10) which allowed me to complete my PvP set (I'm not explaining the acronyms, if you don't know what that all means the odds are you don't know me) well the rare set anyway. Despite the fact that I won't use the set most of the time (except for PvP, which is the irony of WoW, you grind and grind in order to get gear to help you do what you've already done...I try not to think about it) it is nice to have it done. Especially since someone's husband failed to reach that goal because he is not HARDCORE!

Ah who am I kidding, I love the pokey princess. Anyway although I overshot by enough that, and I've consulted some experts in this field, if I took one more week and had no life at allllllll then I could get to rank 11 and get my epic mounts for cheap cheap cheap...

No, you see this is my new philosophy. I obsess about stuff like this, and I'm not likely to change. However I do want to be obsessive in a more productive way and, as part of that, I am going to control my obsessive behaviorisms. For instance no more PvP with Jayabuto (not ever of course, I still want a war kodo so I can be cool) as I am done that goal. Instead I am adopting a more useful obsession with my own life. From now on (after I post this) the first thing I'm going to do every morning is go downstairs and work out for at least 15 minutes instead of immediately logging in to PvP. Then breakfast and some sort of organization (I have this to do list I made like 2 months ago) and then I'll play video games until I go to work.

The important thing is a realistic view of my lack of discipline. For instance Goodie Rings, that bizarrely bad but crack addictive cookie which I consumed an entire pack of before the weekend. The first one is kinda good, the second less so, and by the 15th you're like "why can't I stop". Normally I eat too much, and poorly I might add, but Goodie rings occupy a place in the addictive pantheon that is inconcievable in that they really aren't that good.

This weekend was my dearest's birthday weekend. I ended up giving money to "Doctor's without the sense to stay home and laze about in their jacuzzi tubs" since I know she likes what they do (she intends to actually go to some of these places and ha-alp people?) and so given that they are *not* a Christian organization (sorry mom, I get squirrely about church charities, I think homeless people need soup, not sermons) I went with them. I have been regretting it a little though since the more I look into the Mustard Seed the more they seem like a good group and so I think I will probably give them some money in my love's name (I don't want to ruin my street cred) at some point as well. The birthday itself was a blast, she had a little too much wine and was so adorably cute doing her ballerina dance (whatchu gonna do woman, you're in the wrong city!) and agreeing with my theory that every glass of wine knocked her equivalent age down a year or 5. We watched "You, me, and Dupre" which did not suck as expected and had dinner at her mom's house and it was a great time in its entirety, over too soon. I am glad I decided to bus instead of driving since the weather here is god awful (yeah yeah, California is gorgeous...blow it out your ear) and I'd rather not be responsible for my own transport in a blizzard.

Anyway time to go "lift weights" and such.

6 Comments:

Blogger neuba said...

Grats on rank 10. I am sure you earned it. I think anyone who puts in that much time into a game is crazy, I mean earns it.

9:34 AM  
Blogger Amy said...

Actually California, at least our bit of it, is pretty rainy right now. But nicer than Alberta!

11:13 AM  
Blogger Siochain said...

Baby,
12 ounce curls do not count as "lifting weights".
:}
Just so's you know.

1:25 PM  
Blogger Bne said...

Of course they do dear, otherwise Furlak would never get any exercise.

And yeah...ummm...wow Amy, is it RAINING?!? Oh well that's totally on par with the -29 temp here...rainy...grrr

12:47 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Lifting full beer bottles is hard work. How else did I become such a rippling mountain of man muscle*?

*The disturbing image is free, but it will cost you for the rest of your life.

8:47 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

** hmm, that was less clever than intended. The image wasn't meant to be fatal :)

8:50 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home