I slept in!
I'm very excited about that. I never sleep past 9am so sleeping until 10 is kinda a big deal.
That's right, it's Tuesday aka update day here at the ranch and so I'm bringing you up to speed wit a quickness.
Work is going well. I didn't get a call about the last job I applied at, so I guess I'll have to apply at another one. The restaurant giving me Friday and Saturday nights off as my permanent schedule has completely changed my outlook on work. I love it to death. I can go to all my games and, more importantly, see Erin every weekend. I'm missing out on some huge money nights, but really I make enough and some things are more important than money.
As you read this Erin is desperately fighting the urge to make a joke about that. Ruining moments with inappropriate humour is my gift to her.
Anywho I'm having a good time serving again (uh oh) and so that is good.
Christmas continues to come together for me this year. Mom and Dad et all are coming for the 23-25 then Chris and Nick have to jet for work (I know, Nick has a job...surprised me too) and Trish and Malcolm arrive on the 26th. I'm pretty hyped about it. Margaux (no making Chateau jokes) my co-worker works at the Weston and is trying to score me some cheap rooms for everybody which is super awesome cool and other than needing to clean my apartment it looks like this will happen.
Oh, and I can't give Nick too hard a time. Apparently he found out that I was in Europe from my Cousin-in-law (?) Ward. Ward: "Ben is in Europe right?" Nick:"Umm, no I don't think so." Heh. He gave me a nice talking to about him needing to know stuff like that before EVERYONE ELSE ON THE PLANET. Meh, he's a sissy punk hobo anyway. He's also annoyed that I asked for The Killers as this marks the 3rd consecutive year that I've decided to like a band after they stop being big.
Speaking of Erin. She had a job interview for a job with the provincial lab here in Edmonton. Now of course my immediate response is "Yay!" however she told me that what she would be doing there is alot more dangerous than what she used to do. And other top secret things that the world is not ready for. It's kinda like area 51 except in Alberta.
On the other hand there are some very big bonuses to the job (see: a living wage) and so we talked about her options last night. It was nice to be involved in it since we are becoming more of a "we" all the time. Which I really like and that makes me a big girl but still.
So basically I like my job, I like my friends (even though they barely see me ever) and I'm in love with a woman that is probably going to get a job in the same city as me in the not too distant future.
And people don't understand why I can't think of anything I want for Christmas.
That's right, it's Tuesday aka update day here at the ranch and so I'm bringing you up to speed wit a quickness.
Work is going well. I didn't get a call about the last job I applied at, so I guess I'll have to apply at another one. The restaurant giving me Friday and Saturday nights off as my permanent schedule has completely changed my outlook on work. I love it to death. I can go to all my games and, more importantly, see Erin every weekend. I'm missing out on some huge money nights, but really I make enough and some things are more important than money.
As you read this Erin is desperately fighting the urge to make a joke about that. Ruining moments with inappropriate humour is my gift to her.
Anywho I'm having a good time serving again (uh oh) and so that is good.
Christmas continues to come together for me this year. Mom and Dad et all are coming for the 23-25 then Chris and Nick have to jet for work (I know, Nick has a job...surprised me too) and Trish and Malcolm arrive on the 26th. I'm pretty hyped about it. Margaux (no making Chateau jokes) my co-worker works at the Weston and is trying to score me some cheap rooms for everybody which is super awesome cool and other than needing to clean my apartment it looks like this will happen.
Oh, and I can't give Nick too hard a time. Apparently he found out that I was in Europe from my Cousin-in-law (?) Ward. Ward: "Ben is in Europe right?" Nick:"Umm, no I don't think so." Heh. He gave me a nice talking to about him needing to know stuff like that before EVERYONE ELSE ON THE PLANET. Meh, he's a sissy punk hobo anyway. He's also annoyed that I asked for The Killers as this marks the 3rd consecutive year that I've decided to like a band after they stop being big.
Speaking of Erin. She had a job interview for a job with the provincial lab here in Edmonton. Now of course my immediate response is "Yay!" however she told me that what she would be doing there is alot more dangerous than what she used to do. And other top secret things that the world is not ready for. It's kinda like area 51 except in Alberta.
On the other hand there are some very big bonuses to the job (see: a living wage) and so we talked about her options last night. It was nice to be involved in it since we are becoming more of a "we" all the time. Which I really like and that makes me a big girl but still.
So basically I like my job, I like my friends (even though they barely see me ever) and I'm in love with a woman that is probably going to get a job in the same city as me in the not too distant future.
And people don't understand why I can't think of anything I want for Christmas.

3 Comments:
Well, if you are working weekday nights and go to Calgary on the weekend, I guess it doesn't really matter that I am in Edmonton now. I WILL NEVER SEE YOU!
You are a big girl. [grin] And I'm very happy for you. At least I know what I'm getting you for Christmas.
Har de har people. I'll have you know that I am going to be going to BOTH parties this weekend so shut it.
And I have no idea what I'm getting you for xmas Suzination. Aaaaahhhh
Wheee, so tired
Post a Comment
<< Home