There And Back Again, The Wanderings of an Unoriginal Bastard

Word on the street is that there are people that carefully plot out their entire lives. I am not one of those.

Name:
Location: Depends what day it is

So there I was, bored at work, when I think "Why not just quit my job and go to Europe for awhile?" Still can't think of a reason not to.

Monday, October 02, 2006

I'd god a code in my node

I'm sick. For those of you that know me that also means that I'm being childish and egocentric (more so) and so I am currently making myself the first of many pots of chicken noodle soup.

I despise chicken noodle soup. I suspect this is directly related to the fact that I never touch the stuff unless I'm actually ill and so my mind associates the soup with the sick. Lipton used to make a turkey noodle soup which was very good, but no more it seems.

So the week behind us. Nothing much to report prior to Friday. I spent most of Friday handing out cake at a BMO office as part of their customer appreciation day. I then got payed slightly less than someone in Cancer research for doing so. It did mean that I had to be up at 6am though, which I am completely morally opposed to, and I suspect it is the root of my illness. I then went to the Purgatory game, which was a blast, and then home at 2am for sleep and then the drive to Calgary. A friend of mine was in the CIBC run for the cure so I decided to watch her "run" since she isn't exactly a devoted exercise fiend. Got in at noon and just lazed around all afternoon since the exhaustion (ya know, I can remember a time when getting up at 6 after 4 hours of sleep and then running around all day and night would not have been a big deal...but now I'm an old man I guess) and then chinese food and movies. We watched The Wild. So bad I will not even link to it for fear the sight of the movie will cause my diseased brain to foam and explode. It wasn't offensively bad, just so bland and innocous that I was completely indifferent to the entire thing. It was one long montage of ideas and scenes that had been done in other, better, movies without a single controversial idea. I'd describe it more, but it isn't worth the time. We also watched The Inside Man which was the good, so go rent it now. I may even buy it (I'll see how my brain feels post sick). Then sleepytime and up at 7am to go into the cold and the rain and the miserable to see her off. I ended up seeing Marino and a bunch of people from the Hy's Calgary since they tend to volunteer for everything. Barb is one of the best managers, and people, I've ever had and so I shouldn't have been surprised to see her there really and it was awesome to see them again. Especially since Marino (who is one of my favorite people even if we don't hang out anymore) is still with his significant other who we all adore. Anyway by now I'm fairly certain I have the sick, but is no big thing. Back to the apartment wherein Malcolm and Steve bring in The Professional which it turns out none of them have seen before which boggles my mind since it is one of the best movies ever made. Then drive home and hang out with Cori (who brings me cake and soup since it was her birthday last night) and then sleep...for in that I am a viking!

Oh yeah, I cracked a tooth when Amy and Randy came to visit in Calgary. The dentist said I'd need a cap, which I really can't afford, so I put it off and the damn thing broke on Saturday. It's not a big deal basically a corner cracked off. It doesn't hurt or anything (other than the jagged edge of the tooth is rubbing my tongue. Do I need to panic about this? Anyone know?

Overall a very nice weekend, and I even don't mind being sick since it's been months and months and I was sorta due. Stay tuned true beleivers as I promise to someday do something awesome.

Oh, and I got my goth invites to the wedding of Sky and Terri. Very cool invitations.

3 Comments:

Blogger Siochain said...

I ran, damn it! My God, how I ran! I didn't think my butt had this many muscles that could hurt... How's the soup treating you?

11:36 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I don't recall...cough so sick...pity?

And sure you did, lot's of running that I saw.

1:19 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Glad you like the invites. I like photoshop-never used it before. Do you think that the Sens can put together an actual hockey team by January so that they can make a run to make the playoffs, or are they deciding to choke from the start of the season this year?

Heh.

6:12 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home