There And Back Again, The Wanderings of an Unoriginal Bastard

Word on the street is that there are people that carefully plot out their entire lives. I am not one of those.

Name:
Location: Depends what day it is

So there I was, bored at work, when I think "Why not just quit my job and go to Europe for awhile?" Still can't think of a reason not to.

Tuesday, August 08, 2006

I have an apartment!

And I'm in Saskatoon, which seems to be kind of how my life works these days. So I got an incredibly mean and terrible email from Rillination demanding that I present myself in person to explain my recent actions. Although, to be fair, what she did was send me an email asking why I was moving to Edmonton. Then, at breakfast that day, I realised that there were a bunch of people heading to Saskatoon and I thought "Why tell her when I can just show up?" Especially since I don't get to know about my apartment until Friday when I can call her to arrange to pick up my keys.

On a totally unrelated note

Anyway, I really like the way Saskatoon smells. I don't know if it rained or what, but it was a most pleasant walk to and from Ril's place.

So this morning I get a call (What the hell I thought, I don't have an alarm) which tells you how popular I am what with being confused by the ring of my phone and all. Anyway it was my new landlady telling me that the lease is ready and that I can go sign it whenever and take possession whenever as well.

It amuses me that I don't know the address per se. I'm on the 8th floor of Oakwood Towers in Edmonton (it's downtown I'm told) it has a swimming pool, sauna, weight room, and security door (hence publishing the address on the internet and all) and it is going to cost me a pretty penny if I don't get a job soon. Which I suppose means I should search for one...

But boo to that. In other news I helped move people this weekend (and yes I bloody well helped this time too...) then back to D and C's place for a couple of movies. I've also started a couple of characters on a Lightning hoof or twisted hoof or whatever the server name is since Quinn told me that some of the Edmonton people play there. Ok, he told me that he and Danielle do, but since every other Edmontonian plays on a seperate server I'll start on the the same one as two people. Especially since I already have a character there (Rummage of course...) and so have a small headstart.

This upcoming week focuses on visting, watching tv of all sorts, and then back to Edmonton. I still haven't gotten the logistics of my move planned, which I'll deal with later this week as well since I also have some pirating to do in Calgary this month. YAR!!!

5 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

"it is going to cost me a pretty penny if I don't get a job soon"

What, it's cheaper if you've got a job? That's a pretty weird apartment.

10:28 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Pirating? What the f**k?

9:08 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I have to sell less stuff if I find work Drang you dork.

And I've been invited to assault the river bow as part of a pirate crew...thus pirating.

3:32 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oooooh... when? I've been wanting to go rafting all summer!

Not that I'm inviting myself along or anything, like.

5:17 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Of course you can come, just contact Furlak and he'll set you up with the details (see: I'm not clear how it plays out in the media).

4:43 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home