There And Back Again, The Wanderings of an Unoriginal Bastard

Word on the street is that there are people that carefully plot out their entire lives. I am not one of those.

Name:
Location: Depends what day it is

So there I was, bored at work, when I think "Why not just quit my job and go to Europe for awhile?" Still can't think of a reason not to.

Monday, August 14, 2006

Dirk Gently is a genius

So there I was, downtown Edmonton, with only the vaguest idea of where I am, or where I need to be. I do know how I got there, except it turns out to be a one way street and so I start to drive.

I consider calling for help, except my cel phone is nearly dead as I forgot to charge it ala some people and so I prefer to just follow all those other cars that look like they know where they want to be.

Did I mention it is 5pm. So, much to my surprise, it works and I find my way home.

Huzzah!

So the week in recap. Zoom, I'm in Saskatoon. I don't see many people ("Hi Mom") and then I pop back to Edmonton on Thursday. A collosal shout out to Sky for driving me to the bus depot at 5am by the way. Bussing does not suck as much as I remember, I think the key is not to do the overnight thing unless you are well, special since no one human can sleep on those things. Anyway then saw the Illusionist which was quite good although I got less from it than the lovely ladies since Edward Norton does nothing for me.

Friday was Das Oontz (Saskatoon has 62 goths???) and then home and crash. Saturday was Steph and Ray's birthday pie party, there were many many pies. I made my brie en croute from memory (since I neglected to bring any cookbooks with me). A special thank you to Cori and Mary for helping me with the wine since it turns out none of the Edmonton crew really likes it all that much...sigh. Sunday was working on my character for Purgatory (yes yes I know I swore I'd never play a vampire again, I also swore I'd never..ok can't think of anything at the moment) and playing WoW somemore (level 20 and counting, soon I can play with the big kids!). Ooh, I taught some player an important lesson in repercussions. He stole some loot (we all selected greed, he selected need at the last second which preempts us, then he dropped out of the party, mocked us and teleported out) which was dumb because it wasn't even useful loot he was just being a jerk. So we broadcast the usual "X is a ninja bitch" message, except I, being vindictive said "And he belongs to Sad Panda so be warned". Which worked out the way I'd hoped. Sad Panda's guild leader contacted me to demand that I not slag their guild, I apologised by saying that I meant that they should be aware of what kind of impression their new members were making (and broadcast that as well). He and I had a nice chat (sorry about the gender bias) and the end result was that since said player refused to discuss it, said player has been booted from his guild with a warning on the guild forums. Wheee...

So anyway Sunday was dinner with the lovely Donette and David (who is also lovely even if he doesn't cook at all) and then watched Beowulf and Grendel, which was also very nice.

Today I signed my lease and got keys, then lunch with the irrepressible (did I make up the word, or just the spelling) Melissa. I stopped off and bought All the Way Down by Nick Hornby which I've been meaning to read forever (Foreved (n): Over a year) and A Kiss of Shadow (yay soft core porn) since I am being *strongly* encouraged to read that as well. It's not that I don't like Laurell K Hamilton, it's just that if I want porn, I have the internet. And notice if you will that I did not make the obvious link to "the internet is for porn".

Tommorow, a haircut...I know I don't like to overbook my life.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Congrats on the apartment. (see, I can eat a cookie while typing!) So . . HAha!

2:26 AM  
Blogger cenobyte said...

I wonder who taught you that particular method of navigation...

8:30 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home