Blogging, blogging, over the ocean blue
Well, it would seem that I have almost become that which aggravates me. People that don't update their blogs enough. It was very difficult not to link to a bunch of my friends there, but then it occured to me that the only thing more fun than that joke is not getting my butt kicked for making it.
Let us see, the last two weeks in review...
Got my first $15 haircut in a very long time, it was about as good as what I paid for. The only upside was getting to hear about the hairdressers WoW characters for the entirety of the cut. I now understand why people get that look in their eye when I talk about mine even though mine are inherently cool. Speaking of which, Jayabuto (my current hobby, I know I know some people make stuff, I play video games) is now 33.
Oh, by the by, I'm writing this at 7:30am (yes it exists and I'm here to tell you it isn't pretty) so please forgive the quality of my brain at the moment. I may, though I doubt it, edit this later when I'm capable of a more coherent thought then "Mornings suck".
In other news Quinn and Rob are trying to recruit me for their triumverate of gaming doom (Motto: "A chicken in every pot, and a LARP on every weekend). I was resistant until I met yet another hot girl whose costuming is "not a french maid's outfit, it's lolita goth". I have returned to gaming with the same cautious approach I bring to the rest of my life, which is to say I am now in 3 LARPS. Of course I did slide down the slippery slope. First they ask you to try one larp, and you like it, then the hot ladies ask you to please guest NPC for them in another larp (and how can I say no to Cori and Jackie?) so boom you're in two larps, then the guy what has let me live in his basement while "organising" my move to Edmonton (yeah, there's a tale of laziness and inefficiency) asks if I want to play in his LARP (and I have fun...at a vampire larp which I swore I would never play again...but then, I say a lot of things) and it just keeps going. My current favorite character has to be the npc for Crown of Thorns since he's so kind and helpful and nice to everyone (cue up Danielle yelling "And EVIL!" in the background. It's sad that she's so jaded that she expects the worst from everyone) but I like the rest of em as well. For the record I will not be telling you about my characters (and Amy, go buy the stupid shirt) since really you either know, or probably don't care.
This last weekend was pirating on the river bow! It was 4 kinds of awesome (awesome fun, awesome friends, awesome weather, and awesome fans watching and cheering us on) and I have to give a big shout out to Erin for the inviting and a mocking jig to everyone that didn't come down with me. There were two rafts, 6 oars, 1 flag, 1 captains hat, and 1 water cannon, so there was much raiding back and forth between the rafts, although my raft did capture the flag in the first few minutes and never lost it again. The only injuries sustained were my scratched ribs from sliding across some rocks in a shallows, and Erin's sore arms from foolishly attempting to retain her oar. I do believe a good time was had by all. YAR!
And now I need to go and finish packing my stuff (and fighting the urge to, ala Devin, say "Get my shit packed") since I move into my new apartment today. So later yo.
Let us see, the last two weeks in review...
Got my first $15 haircut in a very long time, it was about as good as what I paid for. The only upside was getting to hear about the hairdressers WoW characters for the entirety of the cut. I now understand why people get that look in their eye when I talk about mine even though mine are inherently cool. Speaking of which, Jayabuto (my current hobby, I know I know some people make stuff, I play video games) is now 33.
Oh, by the by, I'm writing this at 7:30am (yes it exists and I'm here to tell you it isn't pretty) so please forgive the quality of my brain at the moment. I may, though I doubt it, edit this later when I'm capable of a more coherent thought then "Mornings suck".
In other news Quinn and Rob are trying to recruit me for their triumverate of gaming doom (Motto: "A chicken in every pot, and a LARP on every weekend). I was resistant until I met yet another hot girl whose costuming is "not a french maid's outfit, it's lolita goth". I have returned to gaming with the same cautious approach I bring to the rest of my life, which is to say I am now in 3 LARPS. Of course I did slide down the slippery slope. First they ask you to try one larp, and you like it, then the hot ladies ask you to please guest NPC for them in another larp (and how can I say no to Cori and Jackie?) so boom you're in two larps, then the guy what has let me live in his basement while "organising" my move to Edmonton (yeah, there's a tale of laziness and inefficiency) asks if I want to play in his LARP (and I have fun...at a vampire larp which I swore I would never play again...but then, I say a lot of things) and it just keeps going. My current favorite character has to be the npc for Crown of Thorns since he's so kind and helpful and nice to everyone (cue up Danielle yelling "And EVIL!" in the background. It's sad that she's so jaded that she expects the worst from everyone) but I like the rest of em as well. For the record I will not be telling you about my characters (and Amy, go buy the stupid shirt) since really you either know, or probably don't care.
This last weekend was pirating on the river bow! It was 4 kinds of awesome (awesome fun, awesome friends, awesome weather, and awesome fans watching and cheering us on) and I have to give a big shout out to Erin for the inviting and a mocking jig to everyone that didn't come down with me. There were two rafts, 6 oars, 1 flag, 1 captains hat, and 1 water cannon, so there was much raiding back and forth between the rafts, although my raft did capture the flag in the first few minutes and never lost it again. The only injuries sustained were my scratched ribs from sliding across some rocks in a shallows, and Erin's sore arms from foolishly attempting to retain her oar. I do believe a good time was had by all. YAR!
And now I need to go and finish packing my stuff (and fighting the urge to, ala Devin, say "Get my shit packed") since I move into my new apartment today. So later yo.

2 Comments:
YAR indeed
<3 Jo
It was most fun. And thank you for pushing me back into the boat when I fell out and not manhandling me in the process.
Post a Comment
<< Home