There And Back Again, The Wanderings of an Unoriginal Bastard

Word on the street is that there are people that carefully plot out their entire lives. I am not one of those.

Name:
Location: Depends what day it is

So there I was, bored at work, when I think "Why not just quit my job and go to Europe for awhile?" Still can't think of a reason not to.

Tuesday, March 03, 2009

BOATS! BOATS! We gotta go back!!!

So, when we left off, our hero was sleeping in the passenger seat and the Furlak was driving! I know right, and yes I have photographic evidence of said fact, but he prefers not to have his photo on the internets so you won't see it here!

Consideration: (Noun) that thing which keeps Bne from losing all his friends.

Oh I almost forgot the crucial moment in the apartment when Furlak, who had his keyboard in his lap and was doing something on his computer, when asked to google something put said keyboard on the floor and went and got his iPhone to look it up. True story, iPhone users are slaves!!! (I want one so bad now...sigh)

Anyway so we drive through crappy weather to Lake Louise. And it be busy...and so we have to park a ways from the hill. At this point Furlak realizes he has forgotten his iPhone but, being a serious snowboarding addict, tries to insist that we press on anyway. I prevail on him that it is a valuable resource and we can make up the time later and not to be foolish (I know right, it was weird for me too!) and we GO BACK.

Hence the unofficial title of this trip being the famed Rando quote of "Boats! Boats! We gotta go back!!!" Would that this would be the only time we would be turned away from our destination this trip...but alas as you shall see it was only the first of many episodes.

Oh, and the boats thing kinda comes into play later, but honestly mostly it was the "we gotta go back" part that is relevant.

So Furlak drives *back* to Calgary, and praises my wisdom when we find said iPhone lying on the ground where it fell out of his coat when we were loading the car. YOU'RE WELCOME FATTY! Ok, so that isn't really an appropriate link vis a vis the situation, but I really like that comic!

And we stop off at the same gas station where the attendant comments "Short trip?" which I thought was awesome and I wish I'd taken his photo...and back on the road to Revelstoke!!!

To be continued! (hopefully before another week goes by, though hard to say since I'm out of town this week again)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home