There And Back Again, The Wanderings of an Unoriginal Bastard

Word on the street is that there are people that carefully plot out their entire lives. I am not one of those.

Name:
Location: Depends what day it is

So there I was, bored at work, when I think "Why not just quit my job and go to Europe for awhile?" Still can't think of a reason not to.

Sunday, January 18, 2009

Superstition

I am not normally prone to superstition (other than Karma, which may or may not count) but sometimes it becomes difficult to not start seeing causality when a pattern repeats itself.

Every time I watch the Ottawa Senators play they lose. Seriously. It's brutal. And when I don't watch, they play well (not this year admittedly) to the point that I recall a game I was watching and they were down 3-0 and I turned it off, turned it back on in the 3rd when Ottawa was suddenly up 4-3 and they gave up 2 easy goals to lose. Like that.

Today I realized that this extends to any sporting event where I want one team to win. I wanted Philadelphia to win the game today (football) and I watched the first half (and hurt myself on the elliptical since I don't normally do hills at level 12 for an hour at a time) and they were getting massacred. So I finished my workout, went home, showered, called Furlak to bitch about what Brennan has done to me this weekend (more on that later) and then checked the score online. They scored back to back to back touchdowns. They were ahead. So I headed to BPs to watch the remainder of the 4th quarter...and they lost.

CAUSALITY!!! (Hi Sky!)

In other news B-Unit put a hex on me this weekend. See ever since he found out about me using his email account (sorta) to try to score chicks online (kinda) I've had the worst run of luck. Since Saturday I've:

1) Been feeling strangely down (seriously, I feel pretty damn pleased with myself usually).
2) Decided to watch "The Pursuit of Happyness" (not my typo, it's in the movie title) as a pick me up. The dvd has odd skips to it.
3) Woke up 3 times terrified because the town had been assaulted by zombies and since I'm right on the edge of town overlooking a very nice park if I turned on any lights it would draw their attention.
4) On coming half awake the 2nd time I realized I'd fallen asleep with my new glasses on. Casually removing them in the same manner I (and most of the glass wearing public) always do caused one arm to flex against my cheek and snap off. I mean seriously. NEW GLASSES!
5) I managed to re-aggravate a glute injury I sustained snowboarding (Ok fine, I hurt my bum)
6) I pinched a nerve in my neck taking my damn jacket off!

I'm aware of how petty this all seems. But you have to admit it's odd that this many tiny things would aggravate/go wrong so suddenly. I was feeling slightly perplexed until I realized the crucial clue.

ZOMBIES The Calling Card

See there is nothing I've watched in the last week that had zombies. Not even serial killers or anything even remotely frightening. I've watched Gray's Anatomy (shut up you!) and a movie about a poor guy who works real hard and gets ahead (and is not a zombie). So where did my subconcious get zombies from?!? Why from Ravenous B's evil spell of course. It's like a signature.

I tell Furious B about what I've done. Everything I try to do goes slightly ary (We are still friends right, he's not going to have an airplane part fall into my apartment and kill me...I hope).

CAUSALITY! (Hi Alan)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home