It's my new policy!
So I canceled my interwebs service with Shaw yesterday. I'm debating if I need it at all (and I suspect I really really do) and I definitely don't for the next month (yay vacation) and it's been pretty much terrible since I got it.
So today it was still working. Which was odd, so I called them to ask why. So check this out.
It will be disconnected on my billing cycle so I don't get a refund (or they require 30 day notice, whichever is sooner). When asked why "It's our policy".
So I'll have internet service for almost two weeks in my empty apartment...
So I'm instituing a dating policy. From now on I will require 30 day notice in order to honor all breakup requests, or until I find someone new, whichever is sooner. Until that time I will continue to expect that the usual duties and obligations of being my significant other (putting up with my dumb jokes, sex, pretending to like my cooking, listening to my boring work stories etc) will be maintained.
I'd love to help you with that, but you know...it's my policy!
Of course this will have more meaning once I'm dating someone, but it's best to get these things in place early.
So today it was still working. Which was odd, so I called them to ask why. So check this out.
It will be disconnected on my billing cycle so I don't get a refund (or they require 30 day notice, whichever is sooner). When asked why "It's our policy".
So I'll have internet service for almost two weeks in my empty apartment...
So I'm instituing a dating policy. From now on I will require 30 day notice in order to honor all breakup requests, or until I find someone new, whichever is sooner. Until that time I will continue to expect that the usual duties and obligations of being my significant other (putting up with my dumb jokes, sex, pretending to like my cooking, listening to my boring work stories etc) will be maintained.
I'd love to help you with that, but you know...it's my policy!
Of course this will have more meaning once I'm dating someone, but it's best to get these things in place early.

4 Comments:
You cook?
Umm, well the thing is.
Edmonton has such tasty foods (New Asian Village for instance) and Stettler doesn't so much have that. So I tend to try to eat said tasty foods when I'm in town.
But yeah. I cook. And sometimes I even cook well! (though not always. Cajun blackened steaks that tasted like salted meat strips...bad day).
"..like salted meat strips"
Not surprising, considering that's exactly what they are. Did you expect them to taste like cheese cake?
Oh, snap! Vegetarian slam!
On Topic. It turns out that buying roaming voice time has the same issues with rogers. I had to do it before the 19th of January, due to billing cycle issues. Seriously, who writes billing software this crappy? And will they pay me millions of dollars to fix it?
Those Cajun steaks were surprisingly edible the next day (sliced cold in a sandwich) though. I had scraped off some of the centimeter-thick salt crust before I put them in the fridge, and the rest of the salt was more evenly distributed, I guess?
Post a Comment
<< Home