I blame Amy
So I was in Saskatoon for the Holidays (or 5 day weekend as I like to call it) and besides having two wonderful Christmas dinners (both elaborate in their own way) and getting much snowboarding related loot, I also got to have some wine and dessert with Amy. And at this dinner thing I related the anecdote from my parent's house where the very nice Iranian lady friend of my mother's (not like that, sheesh) looked at me and said "Ben, it' so good to see you again! You're fatter than last year." Which my mother attributed to her poor english and I attributed to my being fatter than I was last year.
See last Christmas was just after finals and I hated my life alot and I also hit the gym alot to avoid said life. This Christmas I'm pretty happy overall (actually I can't think of any part of my life other than the fatty part that I'm not happy with) and so I don't need to distract myself with pain and fitness.
Anyway, the point is that Amy, sensitive soul that she is, began mercilessly mocking me about going boarding as a big fatty. And her response to my statement "Naw, I'll just lose this before I come down" was alot of disbelief and an indication that she looked forward to mocking me when I arrived.
So when I got home, I went to work on Monday and then promptly hit the gym after work (her cruel cruel words almost bringing me to greasy tears) and did a light workout of running and some leg exercises. I always give myself leeway my first time back after a break.
And now I'm sick as a dog, this is my 2nd day home sick and I won't be driving to Edmonton for awesome New Year's Eve fun times. Yes indeed, I worked out, threw out my chips when I got home, ate decently and have been all gross and sick since.
Curse you Amy!!!
Edit: Also this is today's comic, which I was completely unaware of until after I made this post, but certainly deserves a mention.
See last Christmas was just after finals and I hated my life alot and I also hit the gym alot to avoid said life. This Christmas I'm pretty happy overall (actually I can't think of any part of my life other than the fatty part that I'm not happy with) and so I don't need to distract myself with pain and fitness.
Anyway, the point is that Amy, sensitive soul that she is, began mercilessly mocking me about going boarding as a big fatty. And her response to my statement "Naw, I'll just lose this before I come down" was alot of disbelief and an indication that she looked forward to mocking me when I arrived.
So when I got home, I went to work on Monday and then promptly hit the gym after work (her cruel cruel words almost bringing me to greasy tears) and did a light workout of running and some leg exercises. I always give myself leeway my first time back after a break.
And now I'm sick as a dog, this is my 2nd day home sick and I won't be driving to Edmonton for awesome New Year's Eve fun times. Yes indeed, I worked out, threw out my chips when I got home, ate decently and have been all gross and sick since.
Curse you Amy!!!
Edit: Also this is today's comic, which I was completely unaware of until after I made this post, but certainly deserves a mention.

4 Comments:
You know, *some people* prolly would have driven up to see you if they'd have KNOWN YOU WERE IN THE PROVINCE.
Seriously, man. This is getting kind of insulting.
Amy's a witch, I tells ya!
Ceno: You guys go see family in BC over the holidays. I was in the Province for like 4 days. I r sorry, I promise to make an effort to see you guys next time I'm in Saskatchewan.
On a related note, I'm not going to be in Sask until like March at the soonest. Don't hate!
R:tAG: Judging by the injuries you continue to sustain, I'm leaning towards Voodoo priestess.
Dude, we have NEVER gone to BC at Christmas. NEVER.
The last time I personally was in BC at Christmas was in the early nineties. And the last time we weren't home for Christmas was six years ago.
If you ever *called* or *wrote*, you might *know* this stuff...
[seethe]
Post a Comment
<< Home