At least the plants are loving it
My apartment is damn hot. I suspect it will become close to unlivable over the next month or two. Of course it would help if I'd close the blinds in the kitchen but Audrey, Cactus Jack, and Plantey are doing really really well. Especially Aubrey (I can't remember if it's name is Audrey or Aubrey so I just alternate) who I am beginning to suspect is actually part tree.
Anywho it has occured to me that I didn't talk about last weekend. Which was awesome (the weekend, not the not talking about it part) and so I will do so now. Well....I don't think I did...it's hard to say with me and since I refuse to reread my old work (LIVE IN THE NOW!) I'm gonna assume I didn't.
So last Friday I went up to Edmonton. Friday night I had a very nice dinner with Cori where I was briefed about things so I could avoid putting my foot any further in my mouth then I already had at that point (and it was a doozy!). The Lemon Grass Cafe has some very nice food and fantastic green onion cakes. Then back to Dave and Cori's place to watch an episode of Dexter, which I think I will need to see more of. So damn creepy, and then the last half of Brokeback Mountain (which I had not previously seen). I'll be honest. I mostly watched it to see Danielle watch it (cause you know...the weepy) but I almost wish I'd watched the whole thing since it was really good. If you haven't seen it, I heartily recommend it. Oh, and Danielle cried at the end...as expected.
Sidenote: These "viagra intermission" commercials annoy the crap out of me. For those of you that may have blessedly not seen them they go like this. Old couple in the middle of some mundane activity. One says what we assume is the other persons name. Cut to "Viagra Intermission" screen with hold music and we're back and they are in the same position but looking pleased with themselves. We are left to assume they just had some amazing, if quick, sex. They aggravate me. I mean honestly let's take a moment to look at the worst of them:
1) A couple is on the ski lift. Where we presume they have sex. Yay old impotent people! Expect wait. That means he TOOK VIAGRA FIRST THING IN THE MORNING BEFORE GOING SKIING!!! I mean what the hell! I like skiing/snowboarding but I can't imagine how much it would hurt (and be damn embarrassing) to fall when you were....shall we say..."at attention". I mean there are a lot of little kids on the hill. That's just creepy. As well the gondola's don't take that long so we're left with one creepy quickie.
2) (And this one is my favorite) The couple is sitting in a flower shop of some sort and the woman says "Bobbie", then they cut to commercial. Ok see a little internal consistency would be nice here. I mean if the dude could perform on command HE WOULDN'T BE TAKING VIAGRA WOULD HE!!! But no, we must assume that he has taken the meds and NOT NOTICED his raging hard-on. This is ignoring the whole "taking viagra before work" thing which is kind of a bad idea.
The rest are pretty innocuous. The only reason I mention this at all is that I've finally hooked my computer up to my tv so I have the game going on the tv while I type this and CBC being CBC only has like 3 sponsors.
Where was I? Oh yes, Edmonton. So yeah went to bed at 2ish after the movie. Made plans to go see Adam and Shelley the next morning to help them do some stuff around the house. I'm awoken at 10:30 by a pounding noise from the kitchen which forces me to leave the "Room of Awesome Sleep" (aka the "Dear God you can't sleep in there, there's no windows and it's not safe!" room) to stagger upstairs to answer the door. Except it's Cori making cookies. She brightly says "I was worried I'd wake you but then I noticed you were already half an hour late to meet Adam and Shelley." To which I believe I wittily responded "Ah but you are mistaken lass. I am not due by any set time but rather had set 10am as the earliest I could arrive but really I am free to flitter hither and yon at my whim." Or, alternately, I said "Aw crap" and hustled off to see them. I then hauled stuff to the dump, carried stuff, and had a very nice lunch. It was really good to spend time with/catch up with them. After that I headed off to see Marcia (who's blog I'd link to if she ever updated it anymore. Edit: Damnit What is with you people!!! I'm still not linking although she did blog today) and spent the afternoon hanging out with her before we headed back to Dave and Cori's (I would be soooo easy to assassinate) for the gathering. Alan was in town so a whole bunch of people came out (not that they wouldn't have if he hadn't...thank you very much. Ah who am I kidding) and it was really fun. The usual small group conversations including the awesome Sask vs Alberta schism (I did tell the story of Furlak's "How much for your entire province?") and a dearth of Rock Band (though there was some) kept everyone upstairs and occupied. I grabbed Alan's ass once, which he seemed unfond of, and then used other people's hands (women I should specify) to do it again, which he seemed to appreciate considerably more, as well as being told in NO UNCERTAIN TERMS that next visit I'm spending some quality time with Best Buddy Crissi or she will do horrible horrible things. Also my mom correcting me (I answered when she called) when I called Crissi "Limpy" since apparently the correct term is "Gimpy". Which is what everyone else was calling her so I guess I was wrong. Mark this day on your calendars. I don't admit that often.
Then back to Marcia's to crash and then Sunday went for breakfast at the Blue Plate with Alan and Marcia (yay) and then Marc and I went to H&K:EfGB, which Alan passed on for some weird reason. It was pretty good. The first one was better but this one was still good. Then we went to the Keg for dinner and had Pazzo (who is not Sancho) and then I drove back to the Stett.
And that was my weekend last weekend!
My next blog entry will be titled "I lied!" I haven't decided how many exclamation points to use yet.
That's called a "teaser" kids.
Anywho it has occured to me that I didn't talk about last weekend. Which was awesome (the weekend, not the not talking about it part) and so I will do so now. Well....I don't think I did...it's hard to say with me and since I refuse to reread my old work (LIVE IN THE NOW!) I'm gonna assume I didn't.
So last Friday I went up to Edmonton. Friday night I had a very nice dinner with Cori where I was briefed about things so I could avoid putting my foot any further in my mouth then I already had at that point (and it was a doozy!). The Lemon Grass Cafe has some very nice food and fantastic green onion cakes. Then back to Dave and Cori's place to watch an episode of Dexter, which I think I will need to see more of. So damn creepy, and then the last half of Brokeback Mountain (which I had not previously seen). I'll be honest. I mostly watched it to see Danielle watch it (cause you know...the weepy) but I almost wish I'd watched the whole thing since it was really good. If you haven't seen it, I heartily recommend it. Oh, and Danielle cried at the end...as expected.
Sidenote: These "viagra intermission" commercials annoy the crap out of me. For those of you that may have blessedly not seen them they go like this. Old couple in the middle of some mundane activity. One says what we assume is the other persons name. Cut to "Viagra Intermission" screen with hold music and we're back and they are in the same position but looking pleased with themselves. We are left to assume they just had some amazing, if quick, sex. They aggravate me. I mean honestly let's take a moment to look at the worst of them:
1) A couple is on the ski lift. Where we presume they have sex. Yay old impotent people! Expect wait. That means he TOOK VIAGRA FIRST THING IN THE MORNING BEFORE GOING SKIING!!! I mean what the hell! I like skiing/snowboarding but I can't imagine how much it would hurt (and be damn embarrassing) to fall when you were....shall we say..."at attention". I mean there are a lot of little kids on the hill. That's just creepy. As well the gondola's don't take that long so we're left with one creepy quickie.
2) (And this one is my favorite) The couple is sitting in a flower shop of some sort and the woman says "Bobbie", then they cut to commercial. Ok see a little internal consistency would be nice here. I mean if the dude could perform on command HE WOULDN'T BE TAKING VIAGRA WOULD HE!!! But no, we must assume that he has taken the meds and NOT NOTICED his raging hard-on. This is ignoring the whole "taking viagra before work" thing which is kind of a bad idea.
The rest are pretty innocuous. The only reason I mention this at all is that I've finally hooked my computer up to my tv so I have the game going on the tv while I type this and CBC being CBC only has like 3 sponsors.
Where was I? Oh yes, Edmonton. So yeah went to bed at 2ish after the movie. Made plans to go see Adam and Shelley the next morning to help them do some stuff around the house. I'm awoken at 10:30 by a pounding noise from the kitchen which forces me to leave the "Room of Awesome Sleep" (aka the "Dear God you can't sleep in there, there's no windows and it's not safe!" room) to stagger upstairs to answer the door. Except it's Cori making cookies. She brightly says "I was worried I'd wake you but then I noticed you were already half an hour late to meet Adam and Shelley." To which I believe I wittily responded "Ah but you are mistaken lass. I am not due by any set time but rather had set 10am as the earliest I could arrive but really I am free to flitter hither and yon at my whim." Or, alternately, I said "Aw crap" and hustled off to see them. I then hauled stuff to the dump, carried stuff, and had a very nice lunch. It was really good to spend time with/catch up with them. After that I headed off to see Marcia (who's blog I'd link to if she ever updated it anymore. Edit: Damnit What is with you people!!! I'm still not linking although she did blog today) and spent the afternoon hanging out with her before we headed back to Dave and Cori's (I would be soooo easy to assassinate) for the gathering. Alan was in town so a whole bunch of people came out (not that they wouldn't have if he hadn't...thank you very much. Ah who am I kidding) and it was really fun. The usual small group conversations including the awesome Sask vs Alberta schism (I did tell the story of Furlak's "How much for your entire province?") and a dearth of Rock Band (though there was some) kept everyone upstairs and occupied. I grabbed Alan's ass once, which he seemed unfond of, and then used other people's hands (women I should specify) to do it again, which he seemed to appreciate considerably more, as well as being told in NO UNCERTAIN TERMS that next visit I'm spending some quality time with Best Buddy Crissi or she will do horrible horrible things. Also my mom correcting me (I answered when she called) when I called Crissi "Limpy" since apparently the correct term is "Gimpy". Which is what everyone else was calling her so I guess I was wrong. Mark this day on your calendars. I don't admit that often.
Then back to Marcia's to crash and then Sunday went for breakfast at the Blue Plate with Alan and Marcia (yay) and then Marc and I went to H&K:EfGB, which Alan passed on for some weird reason. It was pretty good. The first one was better but this one was still good. Then we went to the Keg for dinner and had Pazzo (who is not Sancho) and then I drove back to the Stett.
And that was my weekend last weekend!
My next blog entry will be titled "I lied!" I haven't decided how many exclamation points to use yet.
That's called a "teaser" kids.

2 Comments:
I LOVE THE VIDEO!!!! (LMAO)
It seems Rick doesn't like the repetitive nature of videos, perhaps he should have been more creative with his moves and added a twist or turn to his 'side to side' hip shake.
So, corny., yet undeniably catchy. I remember laughing quite hard when Jeff told me he loved this song (years ago of course)..and then I realized he was serious....and then I saw his Rick Astley cassette. Hee-hee.
Good times.
The pink dolphin is still in his room (grin).
Post a Comment
<< Home