There And Back Again, The Wanderings of an Unoriginal Bastard

Word on the street is that there are people that carefully plot out their entire lives. I am not one of those.

Name:
Location: Depends what day it is

So there I was, bored at work, when I think "Why not just quit my job and go to Europe for awhile?" Still can't think of a reason not to.

Tuesday, May 27, 2008

Jesus built my hotrod

But Elvis served me popcorn.

Today Stettler amused the hell out of me. I went to see Indiana Jones at the local theater. Went with my boss Connie who said "By the way, the sound kind of sucks here, but you get used to it." She wasn't kidding it was really quiet the whole way through. The movie itself was ok, merely ok. My only real complaint would be that they really could have been a little more consistent with the whole magnetism thing. Strong enough to pull metal filings out of the air, but no affect whatsoever on the metal buttplates (it's a gun term, stop giggling) of the weapons being carried inches from it.

But I digress. Today was all about how gloriously retro Stettler can be. From the guy pulling into the liquor store two blocks away who wanted to rock (how do I know? His stereo was blasting "I WANT TO ROCK" by whatever 80s band did that song) and had his mullet and ludicrously loud stereo and probably would have kicked my ass if he'd seen me laughing as hard as I was. Fortunately I was about a block away though and not between him and his (I must assume) Colt .45. Works every time.

Then at the movie theater the popcorn guy looked like Elvis. Like Elvis if Elvis was still alive and about 60 and working selling popcorn at the movie theater anyway. Really nice guy though, I might get my picture taken with him if I ever get a camera.

heehee "buttplates"

Stettler continues to grow on me. It helps that my West facing window overlooks West Stettler Park (which is kind of huge) and so I get some pretty good sunsets. Main street is an interesting place and this Saturday is the "Art Walk" which is some sort of local artists thing so I'm going to check it out. Anyway, off to bed. Planning and Development (which is my department) has some big public meetings happening for the next three weeks and there's more than a little stress around the office. Of course no one told that they were stressed until 3 so I spent most of my day watching educational videos about how to use Outlook. I, wisely I think, neglected to tell my Director what I'd been doing all day when he handed me the list of maps he needs made "asap". I got two of them knocked out and have three more to do tomorrow morning which is nice cause I started with the beginner videos for Outlook and discovered that they really can take 5 minutes to teach you how to hit the "send" button.

I know right, so crazy up here. More to say when I have more to say.

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

11:45 PM  
Blogger T. said...

"I Wanna Rock" is by Twisted Sister. Who you hate. So I'm a little shocked you didn't know that.

12:29 AM  
Blogger Bne said...

I suspected it was them but I wasn't sure. And I don't hate them, I just don't like them at all. Except for the Christmas album which is kind of strangely awesome.

6:17 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

9:56 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home