Other odd thoughts about time
I was going to leave that post alone, cause it's kinda monumental but then I got to thinking about my life in general.
In the time since I started playing WoW (40 months):
1) I have lived in 3 cities and one town (including Saskatoon).
2) I have changed jobs 6 times (including taking my new one).
3) I have been involved with/dated 4 women. Including the longest relationship I've ever had (8 months or so).
4) I left the country 4 times including leaving the continent once.
The reason I mention this is that it's interesting to me that my stats for the 3 years before that are:
1) I lived in one city
2) I had one job and I hated that job
3) I was involved with/dated ummm...awkward... 3 women I think (maybe 4) and nothing that lasted more than a month
4) I never left the country
So yeah. All things being even the only meaningful constant in my life since I took up WoW has been WoW. It hasn't been where I've lived, or where I've been working. My lovelife is was pretty stable (well unstable for short periods, tragically stable for long ones) and I've traveled alot. The only reason I don't mention school is that technically I won't get my degree until after August so it won't have been completely under the WoW umbrella. And I'm still a pretty literal guy.
Anyway, yeah. Clearly WoW broadened my horizons. CAUSALITY HAS BEEN ESTABLISHED! (Hi Sky) since clearly WoW leads to world travel. Ok, even I don't believe in that causality.
Oh, and it amuses me that I'm still not getting to bed before 1am. Despite that I'm *not* playing WoW tonight. heh
In the time since I started playing WoW (40 months):
1) I have lived in 3 cities and one town (including Saskatoon).
2) I have changed jobs 6 times (including taking my new one).
3) I have been involved with/dated 4 women. Including the longest relationship I've ever had (8 months or so).
4) I left the country 4 times including leaving the continent once.
The reason I mention this is that it's interesting to me that my stats for the 3 years before that are:
1) I lived in one city
2) I had one job and I hated that job
3) I was involved with/dated ummm...awkward... 3 women I think (maybe 4) and nothing that lasted more than a month
4) I never left the country
So yeah. All things being even the only meaningful constant in my life since I took up WoW has been WoW. It hasn't been where I've lived, or where I've been working. My lovelife is was pretty stable (well unstable for short periods, tragically stable for long ones) and I've traveled alot. The only reason I don't mention school is that technically I won't get my degree until after August so it won't have been completely under the WoW umbrella. And I'm still a pretty literal guy.
Anyway, yeah. Clearly WoW broadened my horizons. CAUSALITY HAS BEEN ESTABLISHED! (Hi Sky) since clearly WoW leads to world travel. Ok, even I don't believe in that causality.
Oh, and it amuses me that I'm still not getting to bed before 1am. Despite that I'm *not* playing WoW tonight. heh

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home