There And Back Again, The Wanderings of an Unoriginal Bastard

Word on the street is that there are people that carefully plot out their entire lives. I am not one of those.

Name:
Location: Depends what day it is

So there I was, bored at work, when I think "Why not just quit my job and go to Europe for awhile?" Still can't think of a reason not to.

Wednesday, May 14, 2008

Doom and gloom

So a pall has fallen over my life.

Food has no taste. Even these fresh chocolate chip cookies are like ashes in my mouth (ASHES people, like a fire!).

Colours seem faded. Music seems lacking. My life is a dark pit of darkness for today I changed in a horrible horrible way.

Today I was spending my day continuing to quality check the rural addressing work which this company the county hired did. Cheerfully and eagerly hunting for and then circling in BIG BLACK CIRCLES every mistake they made. I really like judging you see. I even made a spreadsheet to provide a tabular accuracy assessment of their work (a whopping 60% accuracy after the first 93 sheets tallied) when I came to a revelation.

"Every mistake they make is a sheet I send back to them to correct. Which means they will then send it back and I will have to do this again. Maybe even several times."

This happened around noon.

I lost my appetite.

For the rest of my day I found myself cheering for them to do well. I actually was hoping to see strangers (lazy strangers who were over two months late providing this work to us) succeed. I felt dirty and wrong.

I just don't know who I am anymore. I even looked at volunteering opportunities here in Stettler. You know, "volunteering" where you work for free.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home