Home Again, Home Again
Jiggedy Jig (not Clippity Clop you heretics!).
I will open by sending my love and adoration to Amy and Randy for being fantastic hosts. That week flew by and I loved it and I'm definitely gonna book one of my PAID VACATIONS (that will never get old) to come see you next year.
I'm not even going to try to recap every specific thing that I did or saw but will instead list the highlights.
1) Met and had a great time with a couple of people I play WoW with. Got to spin a web of lies ("Amy's fluent in German") such that the world has never seen. Got to have real bratwurst from an East German (I know right...who still differentiates?!?) restaurant with this mustard that was both tasty and painful. Also got to have a woman with a heavy german accent say "I haf bad news" which is kind of terrifying.
2) Drank a *lot* of wine. Didn't have a drop of coke. Somehow spending $3 for a bottle of coke when I can spend $7 for a bottle of Ravenswood just didn't make sense to me.
3) Met and fell in love with the Venture Brothers. It's a cartoon...it's weird...it's awesome.
4) The Maker's Faire. While these are not my people (my people are not industrious creative types...more lazy) they are the people of my friends. And while the house on wheels or the giant mousetrap failed to inspire me with awe...ok they were pretty cool. The Diet Coke and Mentos fountain was about the coolest damn thing I've ever seen. The video Amy posted does not even remotely do it justice since you can't tell that they had different nozzles to spray in different ways and it almost completely fails to capture the joy the two guys running the show had. It was a lot of fun.
5) Buying grownuppie clothes from outlet stores. Sooooo many clothes, so reasonably priced. I even have purpley pants. And less grownuppie clothes. there's something deeply pleasing to me about owning a gothie shirt made by Calvin Kline.
Note: I am the only person who thinks they look purple. Even Furlak thinks they look gray.
6) I have a small bottle of the finest pepper sauce I have ever tasted. Spicey, but tastey spicey. It's love!
7) Oh yeah, I ate alot of great food. I ate at Subway once, but otherwise avoided eating anywhere that I could get similar food here. I really like Mexican food and there were alot of great options. Also I had Chicken Fried Chicken.
8) Saw the Collector's Edition of Hudson Hawk. It is still the finest movie ever made. Next visit we watch it with the Trivia Track on!!!
9) Got a new Cryptic shirt. Which Rilla does *not* have. In YOUR face spaceman!
And much much more. I didn't see San Fran this time, but I've seen it. And, let's be honest, I wasn't there to see California. I was there to spend as much time as possible with two of my favorite people and I did that. Today I pick up my car, then tomorrow is packing day, and Saturday I move to Stettler. Ye-haw!
I will open by sending my love and adoration to Amy and Randy for being fantastic hosts. That week flew by and I loved it and I'm definitely gonna book one of my PAID VACATIONS (that will never get old) to come see you next year.
I'm not even going to try to recap every specific thing that I did or saw but will instead list the highlights.
1) Met and had a great time with a couple of people I play WoW with. Got to spin a web of lies ("Amy's fluent in German") such that the world has never seen. Got to have real bratwurst from an East German (I know right...who still differentiates?!?) restaurant with this mustard that was both tasty and painful. Also got to have a woman with a heavy german accent say "I haf bad news" which is kind of terrifying.
2) Drank a *lot* of wine. Didn't have a drop of coke. Somehow spending $3 for a bottle of coke when I can spend $7 for a bottle of Ravenswood just didn't make sense to me.
3) Met and fell in love with the Venture Brothers. It's a cartoon...it's weird...it's awesome.
4) The Maker's Faire. While these are not my people (my people are not industrious creative types...more lazy) they are the people of my friends. And while the house on wheels or the giant mousetrap failed to inspire me with awe...ok they were pretty cool. The Diet Coke and Mentos fountain was about the coolest damn thing I've ever seen. The video Amy posted does not even remotely do it justice since you can't tell that they had different nozzles to spray in different ways and it almost completely fails to capture the joy the two guys running the show had. It was a lot of fun.
5) Buying grownuppie clothes from outlet stores. Sooooo many clothes, so reasonably priced. I even have purpley pants. And less grownuppie clothes. there's something deeply pleasing to me about owning a gothie shirt made by Calvin Kline.
Note: I am the only person who thinks they look purple. Even Furlak thinks they look gray.
6) I have a small bottle of the finest pepper sauce I have ever tasted. Spicey, but tastey spicey. It's love!
7) Oh yeah, I ate alot of great food. I ate at Subway once, but otherwise avoided eating anywhere that I could get similar food here. I really like Mexican food and there were alot of great options. Also I had Chicken Fried Chicken.
8) Saw the Collector's Edition of Hudson Hawk. It is still the finest movie ever made. Next visit we watch it with the Trivia Track on!!!
9) Got a new Cryptic shirt. Which Rilla does *not* have. In YOUR face spaceman!
And much much more. I didn't see San Fran this time, but I've seen it. And, let's be honest, I wasn't there to see California. I was there to spend as much time as possible with two of my favorite people and I did that. Today I pick up my car, then tomorrow is packing day, and Saturday I move to Stettler. Ye-haw!

4 Comments:
goddammit.
I'm green, I tells ya. GREEN.
(with envy)
"Also got to have a woman with a heavy german accent say "I haf bad news" which is kind of terrifying."
Even if the bad news was that they were out of rouladen, I agree that it was scary.
And I told you the pants were gray! Neener neener neener!
Good to have you visit, man!
Maybe we'll get some gamin' in next time you visit! :-)
I'm glad you finally watched "The Venture Brothers". It's one of my favourites. Brock is totally my new hero.
Have you seen Metalocalypse yet? If not, go buy it. Season 1 is like 30 bucks, and you'll love it.
Post a Comment
<< Home